cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFIN 2.0 update to SP1 taking too long

0 Kudos

Hello,

A few days ago SAP release Sfin 2.0 SP1 and we decided to give it a go.

Generating stack.xml with Mopz for it was all OK and SUM preparations went all fine.

Now in downtime phase on SUM I get to step: RUN_RUTDDLSCREATE ( Creates CDS Views ) and waiting. It`s almost 20 hours like this.

Tried to login to SAP - no errors.

DB via Hana Studio - no errors. ( if you go in Studio to Performance > Threads and refresh a few times you can see that it`s creating views and SQL commands are changing ).

Anyone experienced same issue? I`m a little bit stuck here and I believe it`s taking too long.

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi,

This topic is regarding update including SAP_FIN only, not all S/4 HANA ( which has way more changes ).

Regarding this topic:

We had bad performance on SP1/SP2 installation but on SP3 performance was way better. It took me up to 1 hour. So I assume this was solved by SAP somehow.

Regards,

Mike

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm experiencing the same behaviour during MAIN_NEWBAS/RUN_RUTDDLSCREATE phase

Its running for about eight hours now, but checkin in HANA Studio under threads details its showing a thread running for about 13,000 seconds creating view ACMAUT08BE773A05

Its this normal? What actions should I take to determine if process is not stuck?

HANA database response is OK, Filesystems are not full

Host: stk-hana

Port: 31003

Service: indexserver

Hierarchy: 327537/3133365/163

Connection ID: 327537

Thread ID: 20553

Calling:

Caller:

Thread Type: SqlExecutor

Thread Method: ExecuteStatement

Thread Detail: CREATE VIEW "ACMAUT08BE773A05" AS SELECT "CCONTRITEMFS"."MANDT" AS "MANDT", "CCONTRITEMFS"."PURCHASECONTRACT" AS "AVKEY_01", "CCONTRITEMFS"."PURCHASECONTRACTITEM" AS "AVKEY_02", CASE WHEN "=A0"."PURCHASECONTRACT" = "CCONTRITEMFS"."PURCHASECONTRACT" THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS "AVVALUE_FIXCOUNT" FROM "CCONTRITEMFS" "CCONTRITEMFS" LEFT OUTER MANY TO ONE JOIN "CCONTRACTFS" "=A0" ON ( "CCONTRITEMFS"."MANDT" = "=A0"."MANDT" AND "CCONTRITEMFS"."PURCHASECONTRACT" = "=A0"."PURCHASECONTRACT" )

Duration (ms): 13166693

User: SAPAS4

Application User: DDIC

Thanks!

former_member424341
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I've just installed S/4 HANA and even a new installation needs almost 3 hours for the step RUTDLLSCREATE, which is in my opinion a really pure performance.

And there is still no information about this issue from SAP.

james_wong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You can go through notes listed below should be implemented to avoid performance issues:

# 2150018 - CDS views missing from database

# 2160038 - Error message during activation: View cannot be deleted from the database

Could you take a look ?

James Wong

0 Kudos

Same for me. The phase MAIN_NEWBAS/RUN_RUTDDLSCREATE is now running since more than 4 hours.

I already opened a message at SAP for this. It seems to be that the views are created again and again. It looks like an endless loop.

So I hope to get an answer quite soon.

Best Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos

Good news: The job took 11 hours to finish succesfully.

Upgrade is now going on.

SAP HANA admins are impatient (most probably because normaly the database is really fast).

SAP should put a remark somewhere in the installation guide or they should create an OSS note for this behaviour.

Have a nice day,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

My update was finished after ~7 hours as well.

Overall Downtime was something like 10 hours - in my opinion this is way too long (Standard update procedure with shadow instance)

Best Regards

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I fully agree, especially as SAP is telling in the marketing that the installation of Simple Finance is done in an non-interruptive manner.

Customer is beta-tester as usual.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos

We did it!

Some sleepless nights and a lot of learning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick follow up from my side.

I have made a second SUM run (only for Fiori components) and the phase RUN_RUTDDLSCREATE was running as long as before - ~6 hours.

This is a very strange behavior and I hope I don't have to deal on every future SUM with this long-running phase during downtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Evening,

you are not alone, we too are upgrading to S-FIN 2.0 SP1, and we are facing same issue, runtime more or less 10 hours now:

Fortunately, it is a demo system, but this issue is very severe for a production scenario, considering that I'm using NZD.

Hope it will work.

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reply to myself:

we did it!

59 hours of runtime

22 hours of downtime

So, it's just a matter of time, hope SAP will fix this problem soon.

Regards,

Andrea

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

In our case the job(RUN_RUTDDLSCREATE) ran for almost 8 hours.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Robert Weber,

How to see the current Simple Finance system version ,in our system i found  the result of using sql

select * from "_SYS_REPO"."DELIVERY_UNITS" where delivery_unit like 'HCO_HBA%' or  delivery_unit like '%SFIN%'

It's meaning that our system is simple finance 1503??

0 Kudos

Dear Wenzhuo Li,

the best way to check the level of the components is within the SAPGUI.

Logon to the system, pulldown-menue "System" and then "Status":

HCO_HBA.... is the SAP HANA Live Data Model, which is used for the execution of selects, e.g. in Fiori and Lumira.

Hope this answers your question.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot for your help,and  now i can confirm our system is simple finance 1503 now.

Now I want to deploy content of the SAP HANA FOR ANALY. FOR SFIN 1503.I found some information as bellow and i got an error

--- Sun Nov 22 15:45:51 2015 ---

Software Component Versions:

HCO_HBA_SFIN700 (sap.com) 200.3.0: DU will be imported

Validation of product version finished successfully.

Import of product instances starts.

Importing of ["HCO_HBA_SFIN700 (sap.com)"] SCVs.

--- Sun Nov 22 15:47:48 2015 ---

Obtain header and object details of delivery unit (name: HCO_HBA_SFIN700, vendor: sap.com, id: 2660)

Execute deployment (activationMode = ONE_COMMIT_ACTIVATION) of delivery unit (name: HCO_HBA_SFIN700, vendor: sap.com, id: 2660)

Content error: Activation of at least one object failed

Content error: Object: sap.hba.sfin700.AccountsPayable.calculationview ==> Error Code: 40117

Content error: Repository: Encountered an error in repository runtime extension;Model inconsistency. Create Scenario failed: The following errors occurred: Index does not exist;Failed to get CalcIndex '_SYS_BIC:sap.hba.ecc/VendorFinancialData (-1)' (2007)

Content error: Deployment of delivery unit (name: HCO_HBA_SFIN700, vendor: sap.com, id: 2660) failed.

Warning: The import of language delivery units was skipped.

Content error: Import of product instances failed.

--- Sun Nov 22 15:47:50 2015 ---

Process INSTALL_PRODUCT_2015-11-22T07:45:48.2780000Z failed.

--- Sun Nov 22 15:47:53 2015 ---

RC: 8

Invoking operation 'deleteContainer'.

0 Kudos

Hello Wenzhuo Li,

have you already tried to import the package several times (2-3 times)?

IMHO SAP has not created a correct sequence for the creation of the views, procedures and functions. So sometimes a necessary view is created later.

Running the import several times might then result in a successfull import of all objects then.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same "problem" now as well ... fresh ERP 6.0 with sFin 1.0 Installation and now updating to sFin 1503/1505.

Phase RUTDDLSCREATE running since 4 hours. I hope it doesn't take 30 hours here

I will open an incident as well.

Best Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

It ran for 17 hours in my system. Just keep checking the work process log and as long as its changing the SQL statements you are good.

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also phasing the same issue.

No solution found yet. sFin 2.0 is quite new. I am still searching and if found something then will update.

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Is it still in same phase ? Did you raise a support message for it ?

Sumit

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I`ve waited for another night and it ended. So I did not raise any support message.

For me this step was running ~30 hours.

Good luck,

Mike