cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Excel Addin Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

EPM 10 SP 21  NW Version

We have a situation where , users are able to open and run report/input forms but if they open multiple workbooks each new report is getting slower and slower to refresh. If the new report is opened in a new excel then they work normally but that is not convenient for user.

Any thoughts or performance improvement suggestions? I am sure the excel process resource limits are coming into play but haven't faced such issues with other projects. I wonder if we are missing anything.

~Dilkins

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Which version of Excel? 32 or 64 bit?

How much RAM does the PC/laptop have?

Slower performance is mainly due to your PC's limitation.

Also is there any VB in those reports?

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy,

We are on 32 bit excel. I don't think we are maxing on either memory or CPU. PC is adequately powered for processing.

One thing to note is, our workbook has multiple sheets(around 15). As the workbook on open is taking long time to refresh and also the workbook refresh is known to be slow, we are refreshing sheet by sheet in AFTER_WORKBOOK_OPEN.

Note: When one instance of the workbook is open, it refreshes in less than 30 secs but when a second or third instance of the same workbook  is opened, our business process requires multiple instances of same workbook to be opened, the new workbooks take long time to refresh.

I see excel spending lot of time detecting EPM Functions on sheets and i believe EPM must be scanning all open workbooks for EPM Functions hence if the new workbook is opened in a different session (as a new process) it runs faster.

~Dilkins

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I see that you are using VBA code to perform per sheet refresh "we are refreshing sheet by sheet in AFTER_WORKBOOK_OPEN".

1. Try to check the same using workbook refresh without VBA - do you have the same effect (provide some figures, please)?

2. Show your VBA code...

Vadim

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Which SP you are using ?

Have checked compatibility other software component like OS, BIT, MS Office version & Bit,?

Shrikant