cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add parameter in SU01 when a particular role is assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have this requirement in our project wherein a sepcific Parameter should be added to User's master record when a particular role is assigned.

I explored quite a few options but was not able to find any way out.

I tried to assign Parameter value while raising IDM request for that particular role:

Settings tab : Parameter ID

However the changes are not reflecting in SU01 record.

I also couldnt find a option in IDM which can display already assigned parameters in IDM UI.

Is there any way this can be achieved?

Thanks & Regards,

V!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi V!,

is the parameters attribute in the list of attributes that are relevant for modification? You can check that on the system privilege PRIV:SYSTEM:<repName> in the list of attributes flagged in the tab "Tasks"

If so is the attribute in the provisioning task (Modify ABAP User)?

In order to see the already assigned parameters in IdM you need to synchronize them from the ABAP system to IdM first; And you would actually need to do that every time you want to provision the user in order to not change what is set in the system itself. So far I know 2 ways of doing that properly:

1. You read what the user has in ABAP, add what you want to set in IDM and write back all together - so you don't need to store and keep synchronized what the user has in ABAP as you read it before you write back.

2. You write onLoad logic for the UI task to read the users parameter from ABAP while loading the UI task.

Regards

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

The parameter attribute was available at Modify ABAP User task and at the privilege also.

I modified my Initial load job for ABAP to read the parameter value and was able to pull the value in Parameter tab

Thanks & Regards,

V!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peterwass
Explorer
0 Kudos

If I understand what you're after correctly, yes.

Modify The 'Modify Identity'Task and add a scripts around 'parameter1' which checks to see if the user has the privilege assigned (and if not, strip the setting from the parameters or add it in), as well as the repository, should do the job.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the reply. I am a bit new to writing scripts.

However I will try and let you know if it worked.

Thanks & Regards,

V!