cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a delegate node in the EHHSS_INCIDENT OBJECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a delegate node of type /BOBF/TEXT_COLLECTION into the EHHSS_INCIDENT Object.

I have tried the following things so far.

1. I was trying to use transaction /BOBF/CUST_UI - but as per Thea Hillenbrand's comment under James Woods article  I switched to using Tcode BOB.
  2. Using this Tcode I First created an enhancement to the standard Business Object called 'ZEHHSS_INCIDENT'.
  3. However when I open this enhanced object I find that the only options in the context  menu are Create Options. There is no option to create a delegate Node
  4. I then switched to Tcode /BOBF/CONF_UI and Expanded my enhanced object 'ZEHSS_INCIDENT'.
  5. Here I was able to find the Option to create the Delegate Node, however the option is grayed out as this is in display mode.
  6. I find no way to switch from the display to change mode as this option also seems to be grayed out in this transaction.
  7. My Question is - How do I then go about creating a delegate node for this enhanced object.
  8. Am I missing some point ? Is there no way to create a delegate to an enhanced object of a standard object
  9. Or is there some other transaction that might help me - I have also used tcode BOPF_EWB but that hasn't helped either.
  10. I am trying to achieve something like Massimo Oliveri is trying to do here.
  11. Also I have gone through this blog post, but it seems to be for a custom BO -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

romuald_kler
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

To enable the "create delegated node " menu in /BOBF/CONF_PROTOTYPE, you can use the SET/Get Parameter /BOBF/CONF_PROTOTYPE to 'X' in your user parameter.

But I do not know if this is really the right solution.

Romuald Kler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input for responding.

I tried what you have said .. and it does open up the delegation option in change mode.

However SAP considers this to be a modification and hence after I do everything when I actually go to activate my changes, it asks me for the access key.

Funny though, it does let me save it.

So I am still playing around with this option. But thank you for suggesting me this route even if it may no lead anywhere I will still give it  try.

former_member190794
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Linkin,

we're currently developing a solution for that (allowing BOBX to create delegation nodes in enhancement objects), so I'll update this thread as soon as the function is available. Using the prototype parameter is not allowed as this is only for prototype usage.

Best regards

Tilmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tilmann for your reply.

Yes, I did deduce that the parameter suggested by Romuald Kler should not be used as the description of the parameter clearly says so.

But still we developers are curious beings so could not avoid trying it out.

Once I confirmed that the changes will be considered as a mod by SAP ( Access Key required ), I reversed my changes. I will keep a close watch on this thread to see what you guys come up with for us.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tilmann.  We are stuck with the same issue that Linkin reported.  Do you have an ETA for the update to the functionality?

best regards,

steve

former_member190794
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

we released note 2204590 today, that enables BOBX to create and maintain extension objects. There you have the required set of features (like static properties, association binding, dependent objects, ... ) and it makes the BOB transaction obsolet.

Best regards

Tilmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank-you Tillmann.  We implemented the note and have been able to use BOBX to create the required enhancement.

best regards,

steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tillmann,

We have implemented the note 2204590 in our system however I am still stuck with the issue.

I can see that the note has created methods ACTION_WRITE_NODES in the class /BOBF/CL_CONF_ACT_CORRECT etc.. However when I execute the transaction BOBX and open the enhanced object ZEHHSS_INCIDENT I still get the message "Display mode Only" and when I right click on the ROOT node for ZEHHSS_INCIDENT it still grey out the Delegated Node option.

I am planning to raise an incident with SAP.

Can you suggest any other option on this issue ?

--

Linkin

former_member190794
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Linkin,

I assume the Enhancement BO you would like to open now in BOBX has been created before in BOB. In that case, please apply also note 2217787. After applying this SAP Note you have to modify the concerning Enhancement Business Object with transaction BOB (i.e. updating the description of the Enhancement) and save it to automatically convert it. Afterwards, you are able to edit this Enhancement Business Object with the transaction BOBX. Best regards, Tilmann

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any help or recommendation on this question.

I am tempted to raise this question as an incident to SAP-OSS however I wanted to get some view points and ideas from the community too. I may be overlooking some aspect.

Please advice.

Sorry for the shout-out but I haven't got any response on this question so just reaching out.

Thank you,

Linkin