cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Confirming Units for Quantitative MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we have Non Confirming Units concept for Quantitative MIC or is it only applicable for Qualitative MIC. My Req: I have set up the sampling procedure to use valuation based on number of non-confirming units with automatic valuation for Quantitative MIC. The inspection characteristic is set up quantitative, single results, record measured values, upper lower spec limit. My Upper and Lower Limits are 5 to 10 As per sampling procedure my no of sample is 5. MIC                      Limits                          Value            Result                    Non Confirming MIC Sample 1    5 to 10                            6                  A                                  0 MIC Sample 2    5 to 10                              7                  A                                  0 MIC Sample 3    5 to 10                              8                  A                                  0 MIC Sample 4    5 to 10                              4                  R                                  1                                  Mean Value                  6.25                A The mean value calculated is within spec limits. It proposes accept. Is there any way where System valuates based on the Number of Non Confirming Units instead of Mean Value. I.e Even if the Mean Value is within acceptable limits, system should reject the MIC based on number of Non Confirming Units. I.e. If the Number of Non Confirming Units is greater than 0 then MIC should be rejected.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believ it should work as as you indicated.  On the main screen of the results recording view, do you see a value for number of non-conforming and number inspected?

A screen shot of that and the detailed resutl screen as well could help a lot.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply...

My Query is :

Acceptance can be done based on Number of Non Confirming Units which is good in case of Qualitative MIC's.

For Quantitative MIC's there will 2 criteria for Acceptance and Rejection

1) Based on the Values entered if they are within ranges for single Unit.

2) If there are multiple units to be inspected the Acceptance and Rejection is based on the mean value of the values entered irrespective of Acceptance or Rejection of each Unit.

3) If the above point 2 is carried out along with Number of Non Confirming Units concept then actually system should Reject the MIC even if one of the Unit is Rejected based on setting for Sample Procedure but here system checks the mean value of all Units and accepts the MIC even though there Number of Non Confirming Units entered..

Please help to suggest some solution for this.

Thanks and Regards,

PK

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not based on the mean value that the system does this overall valuation. It behaves in the similar way you desire it should!! I tried with below

1. Created Quantitative MIC as pr the control indicators you chose. Single results recording.
  2. Created sampling procedure with valuation mode as 100-attributive inspection non conforming units. FIXED5 sampling created with 5 as fixed samples.
  3. Kept acceptance number as blank
  4. Created inspection lot and then performed RR

Outcomes,

1. For Quantitative MIC, out of 5 readings if any one falls beyond tolerance limit the system is rejecting the overall valuation (Even if the mean value is within tolerance limits)
  2. If you want system to accord accept valuation despite of 1 rejection you should update acceptance number as 1 in sampling procedure.

If still it does not work for you then as Craig suggests, screen shot of errors or sampling procedure setting will add some value to address it further. Thanks!

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand has provided you with the info needed.

If you have those settings and it's still not working, provide us with few screen shots.

Thanks!

Craig