Did you mean: 

DB02 ALERT PROFILE PARAMETER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My system is :

SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 5

Database Oracle 11G 11.2.0.2.0

In transaction DB02 , Alert Monitor ,  Profile Parameters,  there is a red alert in "compatible "

value : 11.2.0 <> 10.2.0

How can i corret this red alert ?

Also in DB02 , Space Management,  Segments , Mosta Allocate extents in any segments,  has red alert.

How can i fix it ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

To solve this issue, you should edit database parameter directly via sqlplus.

In fact SAP note 1171650 has a script which can auto check all the database settings and lists out

the wrongly set parameter.

best regards,

James

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding parameter "COMPATIBLE", you can also check the below SAP Notes for troubleshooting:

1739274 - "Oracle 11.2.0: Database Parameter COMPATIBLE"

192055 - "Warnings despite correct parameter values"

Regarding "Most allocated extents in any segment" you can refer to SAP Note 483856 - "Description of the alerts for Oracle database monitoring" .

Regards,

Bíborka

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Please follow the steps to fix the issue.

GO TO DB17 AND CHANGE THE CHECK DB CONDITION FROM 10.2.0 TO 11.2.0 TO AVOID ERROR FOR COMPATIBILITY FOR 11.2.0 IN CHECKDB.

Login into SAP level and go t-code DB17

Click on Edit

Change the “Check Condition” from “10.2.0” to “11.2.0” as shown below and then save it.

I hope your issue will be resolved. if not then loginto OS level and go to the directory "/oracle/SID/11206/dbs" and edit the initiSID.ora file and comment change to 11.2.0 or comment it.

Let me know once your issue resolved.

Thanks,

BM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BM,

If i change the parameter in DB17.. hope there will be no effect on performance of my PRD server..?

And also confirm after changing parameter I need to restart the server or not.?

And plz clarify about the red alert caused by segments? how to fix it up.?

Thanks

SD

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

adjusting the parameter needs to restart oracle

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Bettter do a restart both chnaging from SAP level , if the changes happen in initiSID.ora file then restart required. For changing the parameter will not cause performance issue.  Just follow the step as I mentioned above and close the thread if issue resolved no need to drag this discussion.

Let us know if still face any issue.

Thanks,

BM