cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip provision variant for Country and System Infrastructure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to clarify my doubt on two things. Please help me in understanding the below 2 cases.

1. I am in a project for Client in Indonesia. There are several company codes and Personnel Areas for Country Group 34. Here Should i just create 1 Trip provision variant and assign all the company codes in the country 34 to it?

2. We have 2 separate databases for SAP HCM and SAP FICO

The plan is to Implement Travel Management in SAP FICO Database.

I have read the below solution from sap help. Can you please help me how it works and what all i need to do for this option. We are doing it in ECC6 and EHP7.

Case 3: Travel Management and AC in a system separate from HR

Advantages:

• No
    distribution of CO receivers is required
  • CO receivers are validated locally
  • Human Resources and Travel Management can have a different release status
  • Synchronous posting of travel expense results to Accounting. In this case documents in a posting run containing errors can be rejected

Disadvantages:

• HR master data (Infotypes 0000, 0001, 0002, 0003, 0006, 0009, 0017, 0105) has to be replicated via ALE
    • Travel expense results for Payroll have to be replicated via ALE
  • Both the Support Packages and the HR Support Packages have to be imported into the Travel Management/Accounting systems.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts can someone please shed some light on this case....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- go with one trip provision variant and assign it to country variant 99 or Z* in global settings. There is no country variant 34 for Travel. Maybe you will find missing tax codes and other settings as well.

- I prefer Travel to be operated on HCM. Dependency of valid HCM data is higher than of FI master data. If you want to implement on FI, make sure that the Finance guys will allow creation of HCM mini master, and access of end users to FI system. Usually, they don't like. Distributing HCM data is descreibend in SALE predefined scenarios.

cheers, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael.

Can you please clarify..

1. I will create a TPV(34 for Indonesia) copying from standard 99. Here i should assign it to country 34 right in Global settings.

2. If Travel is to e Implemented on the HCM data base. Can you please tell me the list of activities to be done from HCM and FI side. So that we will go with HCM as you suggested.  We are not sure of the correct solution and how to handle here. Appreciate your time and valuable advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. No. There is no country version 34 to be assigned. Create copy of 99 named 34 or z*, and assign it to 99.

2. Same source: SALE docu of predefined scenarios AC - HR or the other way round has all required content.

FI to HR: message type COSMAS; COAMAS, and master data for all CO objects you want to have, maybe also exchange rates. Some tables with company code settings, tax codes etc. to be distributed initially.

HR to FI: all these check.accounting and vendor.getdetail BAPIs mentioned in docu. Optional PRAA to create employee vendors automatically.

From operation and authorization perspective, I prefer Travel@HCM. Pls keep in mind that FI-TV requires regular patches (legal changes, lots of fixes), which might be more difficult to perform on FI system.

regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Now our client wants Travel to be implemented on FI system not in the HCM.

The current packages used are: for HCM: ECC 6 EHP 7 and for FI: ECC6 EHP/ERP 0.

Based on this could you please assist how to proceed with the configuration activities.

Also, we are not integrating with Pay roll and all the Settlement takes place in FI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in that case, create ALE from HR to FI, using message type HRMD_A or HRMD_ABA (slightly better if OM is required), including filter on the relevant infotypes 0000 - 0009, 0017, 0105, 1000 and 1001.

Send HR data using evaluation path O S P

Excellent docu available in SALE and help.sap.com, searching for HRMD_A

Regards, Michael