cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.2- Extending Syclo Java Class in customer package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are extending the Work Manager delivered Java classes to create new steplets, stephandlers and fetches.

More precisely we are extending the User class the com.syclo.sap.workmanager package

On runtime of our fetch we get the following ClassCastException:

class com.syclo.sap.workmanager.User:com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.impl.AgentryApplicationClassLoader@45d50448 incompatible with class com.syclo.sap.workmanager.customer.User:com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.impl.AgentryApplicationClassLoader

We have verified all the return types of the child class and everything seems to be fine, and compiles ok.

The java changes are part of an upgrade of WM from version 5.1 to 6.2. This java code works fine in the old version, so I dont suspect the code is wrong. I have read in different java forums, the issue could come from the classloaders where two classloaders are loading the same class, if this is the case how can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance for your help

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jason,

It looks like your question was posted twice.  I would recommend closing one and just refer it to the other one.

--Bill

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I deleted the duplicate posting.  Since the thread IDs were sequential, I think it is a bug in the Jive platform.  I have seen it happen before so not the posters fault as far as I have ever been able to tell.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

0 Kudos

Please include  Agentry-v5.jar the build path. This is shipped with the SDK.

thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for the feedback.

We have added the Agentry-v5.jar file in the project's build path and in the application's classpath in Agentry.ini.

The jars present in the java folder are:

Agentry-v5

Common

SAPWM-6.2.0.0

ZSAPWM62

ZSAPWM62 being our project containing all the custom extensions

With this setup, we still get the incompatible class cast exception during runtime, not at compilation of the java source.

Thanks,

Jason