SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVC on Fund in Annual Budgeting

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using annual budgeting but our real need is to have periodic budgeting so that we can have monthly or at least quarterly budgeting. but due to the month end activity in periodic budgeting we skipped the concept of periodic budgeting instead we went for another workaround by creating Month Wise Funds for our FM Area. Now we have OPEX-JAN, OPEX-FEB etc. We have used posting date in our derivation rule so that based on posting date we system can derive appropriate Fund. Now as per my limited understanding of Funds management in annual budgeting system checks for the total budget and generates messages accordingly. in my scenario that would be as bellow:

Opex-Jan          10,000

Opex-Feb          20,000

Opex-Mar          30,000

Total                 60,000

Now In above example we have used different funds to handle our monthly budgeting requirement but when it comes to AVC system will note check for budget of Opex-Jan, Opex-Feb or Opex-Mar Separately instead it will check the total amount of budget which is 60,000. when ever posting is done in FI, FM will respond in accordance with budget position of 60,000. my question is if there is a way to have budget checks activated for funds. like when ever Opex-Jan budget is to be consumed system should consider 10,000 to be total budget and the act accordingly. Is this possible or do we have to go for Periodic budgeting for this requirement.

Regards,

1 REPLY 1

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read SAP Note 2042029 about the SAP standard options available.

I see 3 options:

1.Use of Releases

- annual budget can be uploaded in the beginning of the fiscal year and the release can happen in a montly basis.

- You do this using FMMPRELEN (mass transaction) or FMBB (manually).

- I see this as the simplier option and easy to implement

The Budget Control System provides a transaction (FMMPRELEN) for
releases, which you can use to partially release the budget. Note the
following:

· A release is based on the current total budget, which you can release at one time.

· If you have defined consumable budget types in Customizing, only these budget types will be considered as "releasable" budget.

See the documentation in the IMG:

Customizing of Funds Management Government / Budget Control System BCS /BCS Budgeting  /    Basic Settings / Definition of Budget Data / Budget Releases.

2.      Budget Period: it's implementation cause impact in all other component areas (FI, CO, MM, etc) as it must be fulfilled in the postings together with the other FM account assignments that you already have.

Use of Budget Period:

As of release 604, there is a new FM account assignment dimension called Budget period that can be used in combination with other account assignment (commitment item, funds center, fund, etc) which can represent each period of the year.

This dimension is delivered with business function PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1.

3.      Finally, other customers implement one separate AVC ledger per period. I describe this option in my post from 2008:  http://scn.sap.com/thread/1008960

I hope this helps.

Regards, Vanessa.