cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Note Email to Internal Email address automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to have all delivery notes automatically emailed to one of three different *internal* email address depending on which one of our three plants the shipment is occurring.

Delivery from Plant A - email header delivery note upon save to emailA@company.com

Delivery from Plant B - email header delivery note upon save to emailB@company.com

Delivery from Plant C - email header delivery note upon save to emailC@company.com

I can configure an output to "send externally" but the output must require a "partner function" so to pull the email address from. What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks.

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stone_cold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can maintain the email address at plant level SMTP_ADDR.

Also you can configure the output type for delivery note maintaining with plant field. Also you will require a routine for that output where in you can hard code the emails with plant.

If the requirement met then it will send the email. Please try this it may resolve your issue.

Otherwise workflow can fulfill your demand.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

You can do SMTP settings, maintain the External Send(Type: PDF) as Transmission medium and partner function.

Thanks

Anandkumar KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the issue, Anand.  Does this mean I have to create a dummy customer and assign to each and every single customer so as to make it flow into sales order and delivery so the output can utilize the partner function for email?

This is exactly what I want to avoid having to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign email id's to plants, tell you ABAP guy to fetch the email from plant in the driver program of your output type and update the email field.

Should not take much time to implement it.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

Then please take help from your ABAPer to write background program. So, whenever your condition satisfies(as per plant) the program triggers to send mail automatically.

If you do not understand, please revert to explain clearly.

Thanks

Anandkumar KS