cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Determination for sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus - I am trying to understand plant determination process that is happening in our system. Here's the scenario:

Customer sends in an order through EDI creating an IDOC (ORDERS) in our system. The customer sends in a ship to address different from the sold to party's address that the order posts on. Its like a sold to is ordering items to be shipped out to a different address than Sold to's. The order posts in SAP perfectly but the plant that it determines varies with the ship to address. For example a Wisconsin customer orders items to be shipped out to Florida and the system proposes the plant located nearest to the ship to address. Untill now, I was of the view that plant is determined first by the customer material info record, then if its not there, it looks at the customer master and then material master. The items are extended to multiple plants across US. Now what I am not getting is why is it changing the plant thats given on the customer master to a plant located nearest to the ship to address. I tried looking into user exit RV03VFZZ to see any customization, but its not there.

Can anyone advise on what possibly could be the set up in such a scenario where you have items extended to multiple plants and the plant is determined based on the ship to address??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

You are right the delivering plant is first taken from

CMIR, CM, MM in that order.

There is also a fourth place after all this ie the user exit which comes into play. In user exits you can redetermine the plant.

You may need to check this

MV45AFZB - "USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION"

You can use this user exit to determine which plant will be used for the delivery. In the standard system, the delivering plant is copied from the customer master or the customer-material info record. If you want to use a different rule, then you must enter it in this user exit

MV45AFZZ - "USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP"

Use this user exit to assign values to new fields at sales document item level. It is described in the section "Copy customer master fields into the sales document".

MV45AFZZ -"USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT"

Use this user exit to fill user-specific statistics update tables.

in any of these 3 places there could be some custome code. check these areas you may get the answer to your querry.

reward points if it helps

regards

Biju

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didn't really get direction to search. Anyway, will research more into the system configurations !! Thank you all !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it can be that their is a Z table through which Plant is determined. Just Z tables if you find it. It need not be in userexits for Sales order , it can also be in SAPLXVED user exits for inbound orders through EDI IDOCS.

Reward points if this helps

Thanks,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priority for Plant Determination in Sales Order is:

First Priority - Customer-Material Info Record.

Second Priority - Customer Master

Last Priority - Material Master.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

If my understanding is right you are saying every time customer sends and order through idoc the address of the ship to party is changing. But you must have already defined ship to party address in the customer master record. So whatever ship to party is chosen by the sold to party for that particular transaction that ship to party address will come. You already know that the plant close that ship to party would be selecetd by system.

Regards,

Narasimham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP the delivering plant is always taken for Ship to party master record.If sold to party and ship to party are same then this issue never comes but as in your case it is different maintain the correct plant in Ship to party master record,

Reward points if helpful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrish - The ship to party # will remain the same. The address is overwritten by the incoming EDI orders via segment E1EDKA1 WE...so if you would look at the sales order, here's how it would look...sold to party # 1234 address from customer master....Ship to Party # 1234...address from whatever that comes from E1EDKA1 WE segment.

Please advise !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case have you check what are the actual entries of delivering plant in master data for both sold and ship.

Check the table entries also.Table KNVV,field VWERK

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrish - there was nothing I could find there....The KNVV didn't show me any plant override for this sold to.