cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition to existing stock strategy to be considered during replenishment.

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on storage type level planned replenishment.I have activated putaway strategy as addition to existing stock in my storage type.For example:-For product A ,I have two fixed bins B1 and B2.As per sort sequence B1 comes before B2.I have stock in B2 and B1 is empty.When I create replenishment task say for 5 EA ,both B1 and B2 have capacity to accommodate that.But system will go as per sort sequence and will create a task for B1.But I want it to fill bins with partial quantity first.Its not considering partial bins during replenishment task first.Is there any control to achieve this?

Regards,

Khushboo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the standard system behavior is:

You have 10 EA for putaway. Bin1 is empty, Bin2 has stock 2 EA. Individual bin capacity is 8 EA.

In case your storage type has Addition to existing stock/empty bin as putaway rule, system first searches for existing bins and fills them up to the maximum capacity, then searches for empty bins.

In case bins are in the same activity area, you have bin sorting as mentioned and no other WOCR rules apply, you should be following warehouse tasks:

WT1 - Bin1 for 4 EA - sequence 1

WT2 - Bin2 for 6 EA - sequence 2

The system fills existing bins first, but the actual putaway sequence can differ.

Can you please verify if that is the problem?

Regards,

Petr

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

That's not the case.It is going as per bin sorting only.If I have a replenishment qty 5 EA and Bin B1 and B2 (Partial full).It will create task only for B1 which was empty and has capacity because it comes first in sorting.

Can you please help on why it is not considering addition to existing stock here.

Regards,

Khushboo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide screenshot of storage type master settings for putaway and screenshot of the WT creation log?