IDM 7.2 installation
I am in the process of installing IDM 7.2 , O/S RHlinux and DB Oracle 11.2. (Dev/sandbox)
I have completed NW java stack installation.
Now when I am trying to follow the steps for identity center database installation,
the installation guide says the following
Note: The Identity Center database must be installed on separate database server, it is not possible to use a SAP installed Oracle database.
I am bit confused here whether I can install oracle (using mxmc-update.sh) on the same server or not on which I have already installed Standalone java.(Java is installed on oracle 11.2)..
I checked few threads which says I can...can any one please confirm.
and can we change the sequence of steps mentioned in the guide(please suggest)
the guide says to follow the following sequence which is bit confusing.
1. Install the database system.
2. Install the Identity Center database schema.
3. Install the Java Runtime Environment.
4. Install the database client.
5. Install the JDBC drivers.
6. Install the Management Console.
7. Install the Runtime Components.
8. Install and configure SAP NetWeaver AS Java.
9. Install the Identity Management User Interface.
10. Post-installation: Configure the Java Runtime Environment.
11. Post-installation: Add the JDBC drivers to the CLASSPATH extension.