cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help regarding adaptive RFC settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to make the WD tutorial flight list module work which uses adaptive RFC model...

I am in a bit of confusion as to the all the settings required to be made so that the RFC call works with no errors...

In the visual administrator --> Server --> Services --> SLD Data Supplier

am i supposed to give the login and server details of the SAP R3 system

or of the remote system which connects to the SAP R3 system... Please let me know as this is a big confusion i'm facing currently...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No guys.. am confused on which machine to connect to...

1. Directly connect to the R3 system from the visual administrator

or

2. Connect to a remote server which is connected to the R3 system

Thats the main doubt i am facing...

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

<b>there you gotta give the local WAS and not r3 you are using and its port and its credential</b>

refer this link

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/14/configuring-sld-in-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-sneak

also for more info

/thread/146517 [original link is broken]

To create JCO destination see this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/creating...

Regards

Message was edited by:

Abhijeet

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Machine is connected to Directly connect to R/3 system from the Visua Administrator...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually you dont connect Visual Admin directly to R/3,

But it goes like below.

1) In visual Admin --> SLD Data Supplier

You specify the connection parameteres with user name & password to connect to the SLD,

give localhost:50000 (if u are using SLD of local WAS)

give <RemoteSLDServer>:<port> (if u r using SLD of some remote server)

2) Now in SLD, you create a technical system, which will be connecting SLD to R/3 system.

3) Now using above technical System, you define & create Logical System (JCo Connections) in your content Administrator of Web Application Server, on which you will deploy your Dynpro Application.

Hence your application will connect to R/3 function modules using JCO's which will use technical system defined in SLD & which will be connected & authorized by configuration Visual Administrator.

Hope you will get clear idea from above.

Regards

Deepak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Tejaswi,

refer this document from <b>help.sap.com</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6b/8c784226d1d242e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

regards,

abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejaswi,

1. In the visual administrator --> Server --> Services --> SLD Data Supplier, you require to configure your SLD by giving the credentials of your local WAS.

2. then by going to http://localhost:50000/sld, you require to create technical system for the R/3. sytem

3. Create JCO connection.

4. Use the same JCO from netweaver.