cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Ticket MYSAPSSO2 Validation and session hijacking

Former Member

My understanding is the accepting SAP Java AS will retrieve cookie information from MYSAPSSO2 and using the certificate from issuing system to authenticate the session.

My question is, is JSESSIONID and other HTTP information used together with MYSAPSSO2 information for session authentication?

What we've observed is, if we delete JSESSIONID from the client cookie, the session is invalid right away, although we don't touch any MYSAPOSS2 information.  -> But we're not sure whether this is a behavior of SAP NW Java AS or the IBM Tivoli SSO server which authenticates the access at the first place.

Also, if MYSAPSSO2 is the only information used for authentication, can the session be hijacked if this information is captured by other session?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Yes, if an attacker obtains a copy of the user's MYSAPSSO2 cookie, they can authenticate succsfully as that user. Technically, they will get a *new* session, but that session will be authenticated as the user whose MYSAPSSO2 cookie was stolen.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gang,

I think the MYSAPSSO2 is used to identify the user and the JSESSIONID is used to decrypt the encrypted communication and hence used to identify the session.

if someone gets their hands on MYSAPSSO2 yes they might be able to impersonate, I have read this on some forum posts, but its an interesting question and I would like to know more about this, so I'll watch this thread.

Regards,

Siddhesh