cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP, file and IDOC or proxy scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In My new project, We are using SAP PSCD and SAP PO 7.4 in our landscape.

We have a NFS Share between the the third party and PI and then banks. these are all finance interfaces.

Our  Scenario is, the claim or registration or payment request  is sent to PI from the third party and the third party keeps the file in the NFS share.

Third party will do a webservice call to the PI to tell that the file is there in nfs share to process the file and send the response back to it so that it would update the status table in the third party.

I need to the pick the file from NFS share, receive the webservice call from the third party and process it in ecc and send the response to ecc.

I need help as to how would i be able to realize this scenario.

I think i need to use file adapter, soap adapter and xi adapter . Not sure though.

Please give your suggestions.

Thank you,

Regards,

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you have to send the ECC response back to the caller, You can design Soap -> PI (extract the file content during the mapping) -> Proxy sync interface.

You can write a java prog to perform read/arcive operations and call it during the request mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thank you for your reply.

You mean I can use soap adapter to capture the webservice call from the third party to process the file and extract the file in mapping(java) from the NFS share and map the file to the ECC side and send the response back to the third party which can update its status table.

It will  help me if you can give me little more information or a link to  extract the file from the directory in this soap to proxy sync scenario.

Also , I believe that there won't be any need for BPM for this scenario.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Amar

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can start with below -

File Lookup in UDF - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

The same concept can be implemented through Java mapping.. Yes your understanding of the flow is correct.