cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webi report error "unable to get the first page of the current report"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue with a Webi report which was working as expected sometime ago but now it does not work with the error as below-

• When I click on the report to open it, it throws a prompt saying 'This document does not contain any reports (Error: INF).'.
  • When I click again to modify the report, it terminates with error 'unable to get the first page of the current report. Please check the validity of your report (ERR WIJ 20003)'. I have gone through a number of threads and unchecked the ‘enable query stripping’ and have removed some filters and tried to save the report, but it does not let me save. It throws the  'saveDocumentToCorporate' API. (ERR_WIS_30270).

We are on SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 2 and I am using the admin id to access this report.

Could you please guide as to how I should proceed. Appreciate any help I could get on this.

Thanks,

AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I raised this issue SAP and turns out we need a SP level upgrade to tackle this. The latest versions of BO handle this and these symptoms are not reproducible there. The corrupted reports worked on the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 5.

The issue could also be caused by a duplicate Filter which inconsistency is not handled correctly since BI 4.0 SP06: (See SAP KB: 1961845).

I am still not sure though if there is a way to recover the corrupted webi reports.

Thanks for your inputs on this.

Regards,

AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor

Hi ,

Check whether any of the columns /cells are has Errors .

Remove auto width and height to columns .

Remove pagenumber() / pages() functions if any .

Try to save to Favourites folder .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried these but no matter what I do to save the report, it throws the repeng_error_en_71 wis 00071 error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One common problem that causes this is overlapping cells. In structure mode you cannot always see if there is a problem. Use relative positioning to make sure that blocks, cells and graphs do not overlap.

kalyansap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

unable to get the first page of the current report. Please check the validity of your report (ERR WIJ 20003)

I got the above the error.What i did was,just logged out and closed the browser and then i reopened the report.It works fine !!!. But don't know the exact reason.

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mate,

Please, answer this questions:

• -Has this report any instance saved? Instances could create several kind of problems.
  • -Can you open it with the Rich Client?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can Vill,

Thanks for your reply.

There are no instances saved of this report.

I haven't tried or rather unfortunately cannot open the report in rich client. I do not have an installation of the software, i connect via BI launch pad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Advise your admin or basis team and install it, it's included with the BO licences.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got it installed but I am not able to open the report using it either, any thoughts?

Regards,

AM