cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard mode is not supported for document modes less than 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where in Portal 7.01 is used to access the SRM functionality from a end user perspective.

We have upgraded SRM from 5.0 to 7.0 and deployed SRM Business Package 7.03 on portal, but when we try accessing the SRM screens the end user usually gets this pop up saying "Standard mode is not supported for document modes less than 8".

Our browser is IE10 compatible mode.

Is there any permanent solution for this as there were many discussions which mentions about appending some parameter to the SAP GUI for HTML service and this we have already tried.

Thanks and regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I believe those SRM pages are abap webdynpro pages. If so, you can configure in SRM server to open all webdynpros in 'Quirks' mode and that error will disappear.

You can try this by:

- Open WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS webdynpro application (might need activation in SICF tcode)

- Change parameter 'HTML Render Mode (WDPREFERREDRENDERING) to 'Quirks mode' and save it.

Kind regards,

Garcia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

please see this blog:

Basically you need to configure the browser document mode to be IE=5, IE=EmulateIE7

and in the sap-ie parameter pass the value EmulateIE8.

You can read the blog to understand it exactly.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

Thanks for the response.

In my portal could not find Browser Document Mode iView, please let me know as where to change the parameters.

regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Understand that this option is available with Portal 7.01 SP13 wards, whereas we are on SP3.

Is there any solution for this.

regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

This blog is showing where to find and configure the browser document modie iView:

Best regards,

Etay