cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM EWM - IDT Universe - Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam trying to connect to SCM EWM data and create an universe on top it and publish it in Lumira in storyboard.

I have been able to connect to SCM system through SAP connection, JCo from IDT.

My questions are as below :

1. Why am I not seeing all tables in SCM being displayed in IDT?

2. Once I create an Universe do I need to publish it to a BO repository for it to be used as a source in Lumira?

3. If so what should be the type of connection - enterprise?

Pls help.

Thanks

Sujatha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - you need to follow the normal IDT steps to create the universe and publish it to the repository; many how-to's on this are posted in the space here on SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to publish it on BO repository. When I try to open it on Lumira I get the following error. It seems to be trying to reach out to the SCM system on which the Universe is built. Can anyone pls tell me what I need to do here?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try connecting to the universe using Web Intelligence?

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujatha,

Do you get the same error in the IDT query panel?

The SAP gateway is the security mechanism at the data source for controlling remote applications such as BI tools.

The Gateway is controls by the reginfo.dat and secinfo.dat  Here is a link to the gateway wiki:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/4QCZFg

This is configurations from the data source and not from the BI configuration.  It is necessary that these files are configured properly to allow the BI Jco connection to extract the recordset from BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply Jacqueline. But Iam not connecting to BW. Iam trying to connect to SAP SCM. Iam able to successfully create universe on SCM table through IDT. Iam even able to view it in Lumira through the Universe option. I add result fields from the Universe and when I ask for Lumira to create the visualization it gives the error above. Hope Iam clear.

Meanwhile Iam going through the info you have provided to see if it is applicable to all SAP systems. Thank you!!

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sugatha,

BI only provides support for the following reporting sources

for SAP

SAP ERP

SAP NW

SAP NW generic Odata

SAP Business Suite (hana)

Kindest Regards,

Jacqueline