Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Scheduling of Maintenance Plan

I am facing issue in scheduling the maintenance plans. Initially created maintenance strategy plan in ip01 and saved. The interval chosen is for 1Y and scheduling period is for 8 years. and start of cycle is from 2014. I went to IP10 and scheduled the plan and got plan dates generated for 8years starting from 2015 to 2022. I completed the 1st call.

Now I went back to IP02 and changed the cycle from 1Y to 3Y. now the second call date chnaged to 2017 from 2016 and the 3rd plan date chnaged to 2020. My question is the 2nd plan date should be 2018 right.? as the last completion date is 2015. Now again I went and chnaged the cycle from 3Y to 5Y. Now the 2nd plan date chnaged to 2019. it should be 2020 right.?

I wanted to undersatnd how the plan dates are getting generated. how are they getting calculated. is it from 2014 (start of cycle) ot from the first plan date generated.?

Please find the attachemnt.

Capture 5Y.PNG (24903 B)
3Y.jpg (50555 B)

Greetings Terence,

I think the confusion is because Parvesh mentioned a Strategy-Based Plan, whereas you are speaking of a Single-Cycle Plan; Indeed, the latter will behave as you described if you should change the cycle on the Plan header from 1 to 3 years - the next cycle is calculated from the end of the previous, now completed cycle. This ensures old calls are not re-generated.

But with a Strategy and Packages the behaviour will be different - in a Strategy, there are many cycles, and they are calculated from the start date of the plan - so the "New Start" is necessary in that case. This is regardless of whether the Package assignment was changed in the Task List, or the Package Cycles were changed in the Strategy itself.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question