cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling of Maintenance Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing issue in scheduling the maintenance plans. Initially created maintenance strategy plan in ip01 and saved. The interval chosen is for 1Y and scheduling period is for 8 years. and start of cycle is from 2014. I went to IP10 and scheduled the plan and got plan dates generated for 8years starting from 2015 to 2022. I completed the 1st call.

Now I went back to IP02 and changed the cycle from 1Y to 3Y. now the second call date chnaged to 2017 from 2016 and the 3rd plan date chnaged to 2020. My question is the 2nd plan date should be 2018 right.? as the last completion date is 2015. Now again I went and chnaged the cycle from 3Y to 5Y. Now the 2nd plan date chnaged to 2019. it should be 2020 right.?

I wanted to undersatnd how the plan dates are getting generated. how are they getting calculated. is it from 2014 (start of cycle) ot from the first plan date generated.?

Please find the attachemnt.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings, Parvesh!

Short answer is: If you changed the package, then the cycle is determined from the original start date, i.e. 2014 - so the call falls in 2017 for 3Y, 2019 for 5Y etc.

So you should make a "New Start" of the plan from the last completion date - to make the calls fall in 2018, 2020 etc.

Alternatively, if you wanted the first call with the changed schedule to be after 1+3=4 years, and then every three years, you may use a package with an offset e.g. if your 3Y package had an offset of 4 years and cycle of 3 years, you would also get the desired result, without restarting the plan.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Just a quick doubt. When i executed this scenario, i got 2018.

I didnt do new start, but when i just open the plan in Ip10, this is how it got scheduled.

If i do new start, then i can able to give the date.

Regards

Terence

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Terence,

I think the confusion is because Parvesh mentioned a Strategy-Based Plan, whereas you are speaking of a Single-Cycle Plan; Indeed, the latter will behave as you described if you should change the cycle on the Plan header from 1 to 3 years - the next cycle is calculated from the end of the previous, now completed cycle. This ensures old calls are not re-generated.

But with a Strategy and Packages the behaviour will be different - in a Strategy, there are many cycles, and they are calculated from the start date of the plan - so the "New Start" is necessary in that case. This is regardless of whether the Package assignment was changed in the Task List, or the Package Cycles were changed in the Strategy itself.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Got it... Thanks... I didn't think that was a strategy plan.

You are absolutely correct, Strategy work as per the dates it was scheduled.

Regards

Terence

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply. I got the answer.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parvesh,

Ignore my previous message, this was tested with single cycle plan, but yours is strategy plans.

If you use single cycle, then it will work as per the information you have said.

Regards

Terence

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parvesh,

Your question is correct.

You have completed the call for 2015. When you change the cycle from 1Y to 3Y and check the scheduling in IP10, system will show the next call in 2018.

Here my question to you is, after changing the cycle, did you just scheduled the plan or New Start from 2014. If yes, thats why it is giving 2017

Instead of clicking new start, just go to IP10, now you can see the date in 2018.

Start of cycle impact will be at the initial, later the calls are generated based on the last complete date unless you restart the call.

Kindly let me know, how you are scheduling ?

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hi,

System consider start of cycle date to calculate next plan date.

Please explore the possibility of the 'completion date indicator' in config setting under 'set maintenance plan category' to control the next plan dates based upon the completion date of the call object.