cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on the tables VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM and VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM_E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

During migration from 5.3 to 10.1 for comparing the rule sets I have downloaded the
tables VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM and VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM_E from GRC5.3 and I see 22K+
records in VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM while there are 1000+ records in the table VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM_E.
When I compared my Functions to the records from the first table, they do match with auth object and values
and I am wondering what the entries are for in the second table. I am aware that
the table VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM_E provides an extra column SEQUENCE which might be
the manual changes count on the functions. Can I ignore the table entries from VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM_E
when I migrate the rule set into GRC10.1? After migrating the rule set into
GRC10.1, all functions look good except Auditor’s requirement to explain the
differences between these 2 database tables. Based on my observation, table VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM_E
can be ignored during the migration since functions match from 5.3 to 10.1. Please
correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bhanu,

table VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM_E contains the manual changes that have been done. As an example, changes on permission objects you have done are stored in table VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM_E and not in VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alessandro,

Thanks for the insight. During migration, do we have to worry about the entries in this table VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM_E? After migration, when I compare the functions they look same in 5.3 and 10.1 but my question is can we ignore the entries in that table?

Thanks!

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

you have to take care about these entries as these represent the changes you have made in your rule set. Therefore take them into account.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alessandro,

Thnaks, as I understand the table seems to be a reference for manual changes but migration seems to be taking care of all the changes done for functions. Thanks much for your response, closing the thread.

Bhanu

Answers (0)