cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP - Integration Model Settings for Product Allocation:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am currently on a GATP project the integration model settings here not configured properly would like to know basic of idea behind the checks, variant that needs to be maintained as i couldn't see product allocation button on the APO for few of the Sales Order ATP check from ECC Side. Please inform if you need more details.

Thanks,

Sriram K P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

There are no special Integration Model settings for Product Allocation.  If you have adequate IMs to support GATP, then you have adequate IMs to support Product Allocation.

If you don't see the product allocation button for a material that you know is GATP relevant, then it typically means that the product allocation settings in the SCM Product master have not been entered.  /SAPAPO/MAT1; on the ATP tab. Depending upon how your product allocation has been configured up, at least one of the below highlighted fields must be properly populated.

If these are all empty, and you know the product should be subject to allocation, then consult with your local ATP expert which values should be entered here.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Thank you for the valuable information please inform what is the purpose or when do we check that product allocation check box option on the CFM1 transaction ? I like to know whether product allocation will happen whenever we have some values maintained on this Product Master ATP tab only or also once first time we have to CIF those product that needs product allocation with that CFM1 - product allocation check mark for the first time alone ( or needs to be a one time customizing or periodic batch job for capturing changes) Please inform if I am not making sense. Thank you for the above input again.

Thanks,

Sriram K P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

...I like to know whether product allocation will happen whenever we have some values maintained.....

Maybe.  There are a series of steps that must be completed before you can actually execute product allocation, either in ECC or in APO.  If you want a primer in how to set up product allocation in APO,

start here and work your way down the topics.  Also check out SCN doc

In general, availability checking (including Product allocation) in APO is carried out 'real time'. Connectivity must have previously been configured and debugged.  Data replication must have been previously configured and debugged.  All master data must already exist in APO. The master data that must originate from ECC can be moved in Batch or can be moved real time. The transactional data required by the solution must already exist in APO; and typically the supporting transactional data required to execute product allocation is moved from ECC to APO in real time (not batch).  Some of the master data is CIFd from ECC to APO, some is maintained directly in APO.  All the configuration, both in ECC and in APO, for ATP in general and Product Allocation in particular, must have been previously set up and debugged. The product allocation values must have already been maintained in the Product allocation group, using one of several methods.

In short, Product allocation is not trivial to implement.  I suggest that if you have never done it before, thoroughly read the above two documents, and recheck your settings.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Thank you for the information these setting have been implemented already in the system. So comparing the settings as it works for few and not for others. Also for the same product the product allocation button appears and disappears while changing the order so thought of checking whether is there anything else as well needs to be maintained or noticed. Its a helpful answer.

Thanks,

Sriram K P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

I have never seen the PA button disappear/reappear for the same/order item for the same product; unless someone had changed master data (product master settings; or Product Allocation Group contents).  This statement applies to a simple PA availability check.

I am assuming that you do not have RBA invoked, which might change products and/or locations.

I will admit that I have seldom used product allocation where it was not the first check;  I have no recollection that the behavior of PA changed in VA02 when PA was the second or third check, but I cannot say for sure that there would be no change.

I would normally suspect an enhancement that was interfering with 'standard' behavior.  If your ABAPers cannot find anything, then I would raise an OSS message.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Thank you for the quick message and I will check with the developer if any enhancement is causing this change or additional validation is performed . Appreciate your help. Will update once I have some additional information.

Thanks,

Sriram

Answers (0)