cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Password change in End User login.

Trinetra_Bhusha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In system end user authentrication source is AD(LDAP). We provide the initial password to end user after creating them in Active Directory.As per company policy user must need to cahnge the initial password at the time of first login.

Quetsions are:

Can we configure a prompt in end user logon page so when a end user try to login using initial AD password it will get a prompt for changing the password?

If yes is the password will also be changed at AD level?

Appreciate your quick response on this.

Thanks,

Trinetra Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinetra,

It is not the SAP User with which End User Logs on to NWBC page using End User Log On. As Plaban has mentioned, It is the service user, maintained in GRAC_UIBB_END_USER_LOGIN(SICF). To see the user go to SPRO->GRC->AC->User Provisioning -> Activate End User Logon and double click on the service GRAC_UIBB_END_USER_LOGIN(SICF) and go to Logon tab. So the changing of the user's password is not possible through End User Logon.

And the User ID and Password entered by the End User in the End user logon page is the User's LDAP ID and password.

Regards,

Fazil

Trinetra_Bhusha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fazil,

I guess the question was not clear from my side.I understand we have to maintain a service user in the end user logon details to make sure it works.

to login into the end use rlogon screen we are using LDAP credential of end users craeted in AD which is working fine.My question is can we implement a method to pormpt when a end user enters the initial password (which is set in AD) to get insid eteh end user logon screen.

Thanks,

Trinetra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinetra,

SAP is a external application to LDAP. Changing of password in SAP should not change a user's LDAP password, because LDAP will be used for other application, like Outlook, portals, etc.So, password will not be changed for LDAP, for first or subsequent log ins

Now, there is only 1 user which is used for End user login page, i.e which is mentioned in service  GRAC_UIBB_END_USER_LOGIN(SICF). So, when a user logs in to EUL, he/she logs in as the user specified in the above service. the authentication is however, as per Authentication Data Source config. in Maintain Data source config., which only checks whether the user exists in the Data Source.