Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to apply ssl certificate for sap Web Dispatcher

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

while trying to install the SSL Certificate to the SAP Web Dispatcher  through CMD I am getting an import Error Installation

"import_own_cert: Installation of certificate failed"

I checked the expiration certificate and it's good to go.

Thanks in advance.

Kaushik G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I succeeded in solving the error

The problem was in the WD configuration.  The new PSE is called SAPSSL.pse, but the configuration referenced SAPSSLS.pse.

I saw this yesterday, but today also noticed that the PSE is referenced 2X (same command/syntax) in the configuration.  I think that one of these is a duplicate.

#ssl/server_pse=D:\usr\sap\WDQ\W00\sec\SAPSSLS.pse

ssl/server_pse=D:\usr\sap\WDQ\W00\sec\SAPSSL.pse

Thanks a lot for your help guys

regards,

Kaushik G

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Yes am using hte right command and no my current version of the SAP Web Dispatcher is 7.3 , latest update..

It's showing the Import went successful , but it is using it's own certificate.The HTTPs version is in read color but not in green.So, here is the question..

In the Profile parameter do i need to import SAPSSL or SAPSSLC ...

Thanks in advance...

GK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

1. Can you please post the exact command syntax you are using ?

2. Please ensure you are providing the root certificate of your SSL Certificate with the "-r" switch.

KR,

Amerjit

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You your Web Dispatcher is already of release 742, you can use the web Administration page to manage the certificates. No need to use the command line tool anymore .

Check out this WIKI page: Managing PSE files at the Web Dispatcher - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

The WIKI also has examples on how to import the certificates.

In case your Web Dispatcher is from a previous release, you can safely upgrade it to 742. See the SAP note 908097.

Regards,

Isaías