cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze at loading report. No errors given

0 Kudos

Hi. I'm trying the 30 day free trial of crystal report and crystal report server. I came from an old crystal report desktop app, by busnness objective so I need to try if my old report files are still compatible with this web version.

I leave all the installation options by default and the installation goes flawlessy. I made a new simple report after creating my ODBC connection with my postgresql db, and load an old report as is.
In both cases the report hangs on "Please wait while loading". I wait about 10 minutes and after that the session dropped.

The most annoying thing is that I don't have any error reporting nor event in the windows event viewer.

The only noticeable thing is

BusinessObjects_crproc - A failure occurred while the server was processing report file 3:6280 (RCIRAS0568)

But I can't reproduce it correctly, most of the time it doesn't generate anything. Maybe this error is when I try to switch the display preference for crystal reports from "web don't download" to Web Java (java), it did load the viewer and ask me for administrator password. Did it without success.

What should I check?

Windows Web Server 2008 R2 SP1

Intel Xeon w3530

32 GB Ram

2 TB HD

All is installed in this machine.

Thanks for help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

bump!

help!

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"the report hangs on "Please wait while loading". I wait about 10 minutes and after that the session dropped."

1. what is the source Crystal Report product version?  CE10, XI, XIR2, XI3.1?

2. what is the "30 day free trial of crystal report and crystal report server", XI3.1 or BI4.1?

Since you got timeout in 10 minutes, you'd want to increase the InfoView(BOXI3.1)/BI Launchpad(BI4.1)timeout to, e.g. 60 minutes and Crystal Report Processing and Caching Server timeout to 60 minutes in CMC.  Search the SAP KB/forum for InfoView timeout, you'd find many documents with instructions on change session-timeout.

Regarding to "BusinessObjects_crproc - A failure occurred while the server was processing report file 3:6280 (RCIRAS0568)" captured in the Event Viewer, if you do not have Crystal Report designer on the server, please check out SAP KB 2095594 - Unable to refresh any Crystal report after installing SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.x on http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2095594.

Hope this helps,

Jin-Chong

0 Kudos

The crystal report version is: SAP BusinessObject Crystal Report 2013 SP4 v. 14.1.1.1327

The server is: SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 Support Pack 1 Versione: 14.1.1.1036

I think that increase the timeout is not the correct solution because the reports tried were very easy and doesn't need this too much time for collecting data.

I'll give it a try anyway but the problem is still somewhere

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. It is essential that both your BI4.1 and Crystal Report 2013 are on the same production version, and that would be BI4.1 SP04 v.14.1.4.1327.

2. You'd also need Crystal Report 2013 SP04 client installed on the BI4.1 SP04 server per SAP KB 2095594 - Unable to refresh any Crystal report after installing SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.x on http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2095594.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

0 Kudos

I've downloaded them from the site, following link in the home page. There is only ONE link per software in the download section. There isn't a version selector, besides the link you provide me ask me for username and password. I don't have them

I think this is little confusing. can you provide me good links?