cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad response times, Communications not updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCN appears very slow this morning and the /communications bug is back, tagging something read doesn't have any impact meaning the same item will appear in the list again as unread.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Samuli,

we had some unusual traffic spike from a handful of IP addresses that we blocked yesterday. Looks like they were causing the activity/communications queue issue. Once the traffic came down yesterday in the evening, the queue seems to have stabilised again. At least it is working here on my end again.

And on your expectations for a blog post, I leave that either for the serious incidents or the new stuff we are working on

Cheers,

Oliver

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing has changed for me Oliver, new discussions do not appear timely in the streams, can only be see Space content tab.

It is uneven and unmeasurable since replies I had already seen yesterday pop-up today in the communication stream with a time as if they were posted right now.

I see your reply posted at May 15, 2015 10:47 AM , I reply now May 15, 2015 10:53 AM

I saw your reply directly in my communication stream, while I still miss many replies from yesterday in the communication stream. Also the unread marks are not working. In the activity stream I see the "new" acclaims which actually happened yesterday.

A reply which is made 24 minutes ago shows a time of May 15, 2015 12:30 AM in the MM forum as last activity, while 12:30 is time from the previous reply (actually not really it was 3 minutes earlier as you can see in )

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same here - I can't clear communications and replies are super-late, still...it is uneven because sometimes it is instant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same here, 48 hours later. Even the activity for this discussion thread remains unread in the Communications feed regardless how many times I flag it as read. Maybe it's a load balancing and/or isolated server/group of servers problem since it's not occurring always? I'll try to login to SCN a few times and see if it makes a difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, that did it. Closing the browser and logging in again cleared the Communications feed.

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is very strange that, until 10:30 AM (GMT -3) everything was ok, from that time again presented problems for me, my points are not counting and my communications are not updating...

Former Member
0 Kudos

After my post at 6:52AM PDT SCN was down for a brief moment. After that things have been working normally, at least for me.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, seems to be back to normal again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you  also see points increasing or do they really have an issue with the Gamification aspect?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it works, I cracked the 93K today

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue of points is apparently ok, with the test you did , I received 5 points of "helpful".

BR,

Raphael Pacheco.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and I are waiting for you to make the six digits

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Including me.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jürgen! Jürgen! Jürgen! *waving pompoms*

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the same pace of the last 13 month it will be mid January 2016, but this will be a race against the time. I got already an offer for a compensation. And this means then losing the S-User ID...

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go Jürgen, go!

caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

I checked Nitro and activity logs and point assignments do appear to be functioning as expected. Give me a shout if anything seems inaccurate.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The interesting thing is that everything seems to be working, except for notifications in the Communications stream about this thread we're currently all reading. Perhaps since my previous comment to the thread was during the time when all was screwy, it didn't 'take' to be tracked. Probably will now that I've commented again.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can the system handle 6 digits...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will make sure as a member of the 1DX advisory council

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know about the points because I have not received any so far, otherwise all ok for me too.

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Same here  from yesterday 😞

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

Thanks for raising this issue. Same issue with me - My points are not getting updated, my recent activity/communications are missing and SCN site is very very slow !

Regards

Sandy

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For me here, all discussions and / or spaces that marked the tracking are always appearing as unread, even I mark them as read, and even cleaning the cookies and temporary files.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same here, and I see that has posted a related question at .

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same here, was going to post a question but just found yours. I have a recently upgraded PC, great connection speed and SCN is just "spinning the wheels". Tried to view my open discussions (only 2 pages) and when going to second page got the "red mystery box" error ("an error occurred, you might have been logged off" etc.).

Former Member
0 Kudos

... and the activity feed is not updating either. I was able to locate this discussion thread only using Unanswered Questions.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, same here - communications not updating and the site is slow today

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We have some unusual traffic on our servers, currently investigating.

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver,

I do not know if it helps, but when I perform the logoff, the following error occurred:

BR,

Raphael Pacheco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver. I'm sure you aware of it but it's still going on, 24 hours later. Already looking forward to your detailed technical blog about the incident .

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That is the Single Sign Out of SAP Cloud ID, signing you out of the SAP Events platform. This is not SCN related.