cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2013 - Connection Issue to MySQL 5.1.73

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the version of MySQL is old, but at this point I'm not interested in upgrading the database.  I downloaded and installed an ODBC Connection for MySQL 5.1 and under the Windows Control Panel (ODBC (32-bit) I configured a handshake to the database and everything works (I tested the connection).

When I try to access the ODBC connection via Crystal Reports 2013 I'm getting the following ERROR:

Logon failed.
Details: IM014:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Drvier and Application

can someone please provide some help, I have to get a report developed for an application at work that maintains IT Inventory...

Edward Wittlinger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I execute this under the "Search programs and files": c:\windows\system32\odbcad32.exe I can test the ODBC driver without error.

If I run this: c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe I'm not able to access at all...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal Reports uses the 32-bit ODBC registry on all versions of Windows. To administer 32-bit ODBC DSNs on 64-bit versions of Windows, run the 32-bit ODBC Administrator, located here: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

--dj

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I run this: c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe I'm not able to access at all.

You might want to talk to your IT and get the above resolved first.

CR needs a 32-bit ODBC DSN to be able to connect to the database.

-Abhilash