cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Management at Basic Data view

Former Member

Hi all,

I've batch level on material. So MARA-XCHPF is updated when I check batch management checkbox.

When the responsible user creates material master, he enters only Basic Data 1 and Basic Data 2 and Classification views. Other views are maintained by responsible departments.

MARA-XCHPF is mandatory. But there is no field in Basic Data views to set this indicator. It is on another views. So how can I solve this issue?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though it is mara field if u wsnt to ipdste select plant.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you organized the work in the described way and have a mandatory field in another view then you should moved this field over into the basic data view. Please search SCN as we have documents about customizing of material master views which explain this in detail with pictures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much Jürgen,

This is exactly what I was looking for. Can you please help me also about search terms? Which keywords should I use? Because I've already searched over SDN but I couldn't find related information.

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

search term: material master field sub screen

then filter once at documents and once at blogs, you may also try wikis and there are certainly discussions too.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Batch Management can be activated

1. Client Level

2. Plant Level

3. Material Level

What is your selection for batch management activation ?

0 Kudos

Plant Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make use of the field reference group used for the particular material type to make the batch management indicator mandatory,

OR

You can check for the user exit MGA00001 Material Master (Industry): Checks and Enhancements  for setting the batch indicator for the materials in the material master.

Regards,

Bijoy Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very simple get the authorisation of that, or take the ID of other department, or let him to do the same educate them.

in Mass you can maintain using MM17 transaction code, where select the object type BUS1001 - Materials (industry)> General Material Data> input the material and execute> select field Batch management>carry out mass changes and > then press save button.

Regards

Sanjeet Kumar