cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Import with the EH&S Open Content Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/download/multimedia/EHS_OCC/OCC_Specification_and_Phrase_Import.pdf

Dear Experts,

I would like to create a dat-file to load listed-sub with cas nr with OCC. According to the above mentioned document it is posible to create specefication offline dat-file.

Has any one created dat-file with new occ?

best regards,

Maywand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Maywand,

the file itself looks good. save it as tab-separated txt-file, then open OCC, then go to data import--<specification inport. In the option, choose no, then point to the location of your txt-file. The OCC will save the generated dat-file in the location specified in data import-->Settings-->Location of offline substance data files.

Ralph

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Atrafi ,

were you success in getting .dat files .

Can we also load data online without converting into dat files ?

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You can load everything in online mode using the txt-file. However, offline mode goes through a series of checks, so it is a lot safer to use. I would always use offline mode (apart from loading inheritance relationships, which cannot be loaded offline).

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

only same small add ons.  The "offline" modus might have benefits. Honestly it is not !100%" as Ralph explaineds; sometimes the checks are "harder" than in other places but sometimes "weaker" (and then your databse is corrupt); but honestly: since years: never i invested once again here

BUt if needed: I would as well prefer "offline" modues

The "online" mode should be used (in my opinion( for "small" amounts of data. There might be the potential risk to get an "out of time" ABAP error (Ralph: any idea on that? for outputvariant you will get that; is there a "clever" commit done in online modus so that you do not get "out of time" error?)

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

as we do not use the mechanism: in which location is the ".dat" file generated?  SAP application server (in some e.g. unix folder)? or on OCC server? Or extracted locally? Is this to be specified via customizing?

C.B.

PS: I shouldread more carefully your answers...

This is your feedback:

the OCC will save the generated dat-file in the location specified in data import-->Settings-->Location of offline substance data files.

and therefore story is clear. Thanks for sharing this information

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chris/Ralph ,

I am getting the above error with the below settings in load file . hope this format is ok ?

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

you need a new row 1 that contains any text. Any text literally, It doesn't matter what you write in row 1, but there must be something. Then you should tell the specification type. So column 1, row 2 should read like H:SUBID, SUBCAT="REAL_SUB", AUTHGRP="ALL". Your column 2 is wrong, the IDTYPE is NUM, the IDCAT is CAS. In column 3 you need to specify the type of data maintained in that column, e.g. STRING, NUMBER; NUMWITHUNIT etc. In your example it's all strings, so you need to put STRING in row 3.

Ralph

Message was edited by: Ralph Paczkowski

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

There is no way around a timeout I'm aware of. That is one of the reasons why I always use the offline mode.

Ralph

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph/Chris ,

no luck , any idea how do I enable log file as I do not see option to choose log entry check mark as mentioned in the pdf

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

are you using the most recent/current verison of OCC downloaded via SAP marketplace?

If this is true: then if somethign is "missing" => start OSS dialog with SAP

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

i am interested more in the "online" part. Is there the risk to get "time out". For "offline". it is clear that this will not happen (may be i did not catch 100% your response (thanks for that)).

C.B.

PS: may be check my new thread and answer there. Thanks

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krisna

short on top hint. YOU MUST USE UNICODE oriented files

C.B.

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

There is no way to avoid a timeout when you are loading in online mode but to use a smaller file. Simply creating new specifications like Krishna is doing in his example here is very well performing, you could probably due 10.000 or more on one go without a timeout but as soon as you start loading VATs, especially compositions, this number goes down. So again: Offline is really the method of choice.

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

thanks for valuable feedback. OCC seems to be a good choice for data import based on your explanation; especially the capability to transfer "text" files to "dat" files. If possible i will take closer look in future if the need come up to do so.

C.B.

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Maywand,

it works the very same way as before in the DataEditor.

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not worked with dataeditor before. Do you have an example of import file that I can use to load it.

I have followed the following steps.

Do you have any suggestion about the error it get?

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Atrafi,

Its not clear screenshot, can you please add last page "error" screenshot again?

Hope you setup all RFR/ini, update that file with  DEST and ASHOST details in that one.

--