cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separation of storage loc. region wise customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru,

I have a requirement from the business that an article to be kept in 2 storage locations. While processing the sales for 2 different region's customer storage locations should pic separately for both the customer.

For example: If an article XXXXXXXX is kept in storage location aaaa and yyyy. There is a customer C exist in region 01 and customer D exist in region 02 and while processing sales for customer C storage location should pic as aaaa and for customer D storage location should pic as yyyy.

Please do suggest with valuable inputs for the same.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly suggest me the input for the requirement as I have stuck in. The basic requirement is to determine the 2 storage locations separately for 2 different customers they are in to different different regions for the same material. At present system is working fine and Picking location / storage location determination: - MALA, RETA, MARE rules are assigned and working fine. As per SAP standard to determine the storage location in Delivery note is fine not necessarily in SO.

As this is a new requirements, Kindly suggest.

As example I have given in my query itself.

Thanks,

Neel

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Neel,

Create a New Batch search strategy Table (key combination) with

Region / Storage location / Material  and assign to your startegy (Viz SD01, SD02).

IMG -  LG - Batch management

1. Add LGORT - storage location  in field category

2. Create a condition table 501 - Region / Plant / Storage location / Material

3. Assign the table in access sequence

Maintain the records in VCH1.

Regards,

OD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear OD,

As suggested, I did the same config. but I am facing one issue while picking. As we are processing same material for both the storage location and storage condition will be separately to determine both the storage location. system is not allowing to assign same storage condition for the storage locations. as in below screen shot -

Please do suggest to proceed.

Thanks,

Neel

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear  Neel,

We are not using storage conditions.

If you are doing automatic batch determination then,

for that i suggested to maintained new strategy which find batch with combination of region - storage locations.

Regards,

OD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi OD,

I have maintained the new strategy with combination of Region/site/S.Loc./ Article combination. but still picking is not happening for the other storage location. for one its happening which storage condition is maintained in article master but not the other one.

Please do suggest..

Regards,

Neel

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the requirement is such that based on Region, system should consider storage location, then the suggestion already given may not be feasible as you end up with creating lot of shipping points.  Instead, you can consider the following options:-

• Have one shipping condition per Region or
  • Add the required logic in Enhancement V02V0002 

With the first option, you can achieve the desired result with the standard configuration.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lakshmipathi,

if my understanding is correct..., if we will go to option one by creating different shipping conditions, then also we require multiple shipping points to determine automatic storage location. how it differs with my earlier suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GL Sir,

As suggested in first option I configured in my development system and creating the sales order but system is not picking the separate storage location. I have separated the shipping conditions region wise and maintained the different prices as per region/article combination. Shipping point determination in OVL2 setting is also maintained.   

Kindly suggest the inputs with stepwise setting to fulfill the requirements will be great timely help.

Regards,

Neel

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are asking for auto storage location (not shipping point) at sales order level..

Getting a default storage location at sales order level-can happen with Exits only..

Pl Google-Else-check this link-hope it helps..

Default Storage Location In Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

Thanks for the valuable inputs. To determine the storage location in Delivery note is also fine. but the basic requirement is to determine the 2 storage locations separately for 2 different customers they are in to different different regions. As example I have given in my query itself. 

Please suggest...

Thanks.

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possible create two shipping points based on different shipping conditions and then determine different storage location based on shipping points.