cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shelflife expiration date without using Batch management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement on Shelf life expiration date using without batch management.We are using Lean Warehouse Management (Retail Company)

1. I have maintained the Total shelf life and Rem.shelf life days in material master (Basic Data) and even i have activated the expiration date check

for warehouse number and movement type (OMJ5) also.

2. My Put away strategy for one storage type is ' I ' (Adding to existing stock) and i have changed my picking strategy(Stock removal strategy) from ' F ' to ' H ' after activating the expiration date check.

3. After maintaining the Total shelf life and Rem.shelf life in material master,while doing MIGO it is asking Manufacturing date and based on shelf life days calculating expiration date and maintain expiration date in MIGO.

I have multiple storage types for different Warehouse Numbers.

For example

Warehouse           Storage type      Put away strategy        picking strategy

001                           01                         I                                H

4. In ' 01 ' storage type i have multiple materials,in that i have maintained expiration date for some materials,and for remaining materials i don't want to maintain expiration date

5. Now after doing MIGO,LT06 and LT12,quantity is adding to already existing stock in same storage bin in LQUA table,because my put away strategy is "I"

Example

Initial

Material          Storage Type           Storage Bin              Quantity          Shelf life expiration date

100000                    01                  01010101                      10                        Null

After Maintaining Shelf life Expiration Date and after GRN (MIGO) has done,Quantity has to go new Storage Bin ,but here quantity is adding to same bin with Shelf life expiration date

100000                    01                  01010101                     20                      30.04.2015

After next GRN, it has to be like this

100000                    01                  01010101                     30                      01.05.2015

but quantity is adding same bin and Shelf life date also not changing

100000                   01                 01010101                    50                     30.04.2015

suppose if i change put away strategy to some other, getting problem in LT06 for non shelf life materials. I don't want to create any new storage type for maintaining shelf life.

Now my question is

If we maintain shelf life expiration for materials,based on expiration date quantity has to added to different bin,so that picking has done properly,So is there any way to do this without effecting non shelf life materials in same storage type.

Thanks                              

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you really think it is a good idea to change the expiration date to the newest date?

This just means that all your old stock becomes better with any new receipt (hopefully this is not some food for humans)

What your system does is exact as designed, there is even an OSS note on that.

If you want seriously track shelf life then you have to store the receipts apart, no addition to stock strategy, rather next empty bin.

To keep those materials in the same storage type I see no other chance than influencing the putaway strategy with a user exit where you can check against the material master if a shelf life is maintained, and based on that you go either the addition to stock or the next empty bin route

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thank for your response,if i implement the putaway strategy use exit,is it working for both Shelf life material and non shelf life material with same strategy (either addition to stock or next empty bin).

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you already know the putaway strategy is defined at storage type level.

And the strategy is used for both, material with and without shelf life.

And 2 people told you to use the exit to influence the strategy.

And exit is a program, and it just does what the programmer is coding under the restriction what SAP allowed to do with this exit in their design.

So the first 3 sentences are a clear "yes" to your question, and the last sentence is a "maybe" as it depends how the ABAPer codes his logic.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if stock going to add to existing bin and there is no batch management .. then system going to overwrite the shelf expiration date with latest date .. This may be feasible using the custom user exits. Recommend to use batch management if your industry need shelf life tracking on lot of products

See -Link-Develop User Exits for Warehouse Management - Warehouse Management - SAP Library

Check user exit-

• MWMTO003 Own strategy or
  • MWMTO004 Own strategy
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdeep,

Thank for your response,if i implement the own strategy user exit,is it working for both Shelf life material and non shelf life material,it means in my storage type i have both type of materials like shelf life and non shelf life materials. So stock has to go in new bin every new goods receipt has done for shelf life materials and for non shelf life materials stock has to added to existing stock in same bin,but my putaway strategy is " I ".

Thanks