cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is reg SAP Personas 2.0 buttons functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where there are 10 text fields in total and i am updating and then saving 3 text-fields via webRFC and remaining 7 fields i am saving by pushing Standard SAP save button .So in short  there are two save buttons one is the RFC (working as save buttton for 3 fields) and the other is the standard SAP save button both are working good when operated individually/separately.

As per my requirement i have to provide the end-user with a single SAVE button i.e i need to combine these two save buttons-

1 workaround-)--  So i tried with a scripting where i am pushing the Standard SAP SAVE  button then the RFC save button (i also tried with the vice-versa) in both the cases only the first save functionality is working (i.e if i push RFC save first and then Standard SAVE then only RFC save is working and vice-versa).

2 workaround-)-- So also i tried to populate a text-box with a flag and check with 'X'when RFC is triggered and if the text-box content has 'X'(i.e the RFC save is successfully triggered ) then PUSH the Standard SAP SAVE button-In this case only the RFC SAVE button is working.

I am not able to figure out as how do i combine both the SAVE buttons into 1 SAVE button.So any Personas experts help me achieve any alternate workaround for this scenario.

Regards,

Roshan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The point is if all 10 text fields are SAP objects or they are your Personas objects. The two saving may have conflicts if they both operating on the same object.

Maybe you can consider these:

- Try to add "Refresh screen" in between so the data are sync.

- Separate the objects - use your own text fields for RFC, after saving the standard object, copy the data to the standard objs then do RFC.

- If you use a button to push the two saving btns, try to add time delay by JS timeout function, so there is a time gap in the two saving.

Hope this can give some hints.

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Thanks for your help.

1) I tried with the refresh screen option but it was of not much help.

2) I would like to try the JS Timeout functionality, but i am not able to find this particular functionality. As of now i am using Personas 2.0, is JS Timeout a feature of Personas 3.0 ?

Regards,

Roshan.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a wrap-text feature in Microsoft-excel-to format the texts in a cell.

I have a scenario in my Personas where-in the name of the launch button is of 30 chars so this results in longer width, so is there any way where we can format the text(or wrap-text) so that in smaller width we can accommodate more chars.

Regards,

Roshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

You cannot do it directly but do this workaround:

Create a Label and set text as small as you like and size and color etc. Then create another script button to do the action. The script button has transparent colors for forground and background and bord, and place the script button on top of the label and make it forground (or change Z-value to 1). It will look like you have a button with very small text which is as what you want.

Does this help you? 🙂

Dong Zhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

Another way to do is to used an Image control with a button background and any size text on it so it looks like a button image, then attach a hidden button to the press event (in Property window). Implement your actions in the hidden button. This will also work for your need. 🙂

Dong Zhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario:I am using Transaction XD02 to edit customer details and having made some cosmetic changes this is how it looks when i edit :

Problem: For repeated iterations for displaying customer details in edit mode the screen text-field and labels becomes distorted.

Example(For the first time i login i enter a customer number say "ZH57"- i have the output getting displayed as above image-1 but the next time i try entering another customer number say "ZH58" the screen text-fields and labels becomes distorted)PFB the snapshot for the same:

Solution i followed: 1) Using refresh button before calling the transaction XD02.

2) If i logout and re-login for every new customer i enter things are working good(but can't follow this approach for every new customer i want to edit).

I am using IE-9 and Personas 2.0.

Kindly help me sorting this screen issue.

Regards,

Roshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

Ohm, with your screen dumps, to me it seems that there are some Tab merging issues there (I checked original UI, there are 4 tabs for XD02). Your screen mess likely is due to the mess of control ID when dealing with TABs on UI. You can check if the id of you fields changed before and after your 1st customer (use "Property"). If so, you need to add "control ID overwrite rule" in your admin_ui tool.

There are a lot post regarding the control overite and one of my post contains the id checking.

Hope this will help you.

Dong Zhu

0 Kudos

when you reach at a point you see "distorted" screen, switch to Basic View. What do you see there?

Any error message or where your screen gets stuck..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sushant,

No error message when i switch to Basic View, all the text-box and labels are in place in basic view.

Regards,

Roshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Can you share the snapshot of the admin/control-ID/Settings to be done, so as to avoid distorted control-ID's.

Regards,

Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

We already have some settings in place, could you suggest me what more actions needs to be done to solve the control-ID issue.

PFB snapshot for the same.

Regards,

Roshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Steve but if I had to have a wild guess; I'd try putting a Refresh Screen command between your two Save commands in your script of workaround 1 (I'm assuming after your first Save you remain in that screen).

Regards,

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is hard to help without some more detail. Can you tell us which transaction is involved, and maybe include some screen shots to show us what you are building, and also post your script.

Steve.