cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax code filed in Sales Order not coming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We have created a tax condition for manual entry and would like to populate the tax code in it automatically. However, the Tax code field is not appearing when we go into the conditions tab in the header or item.

Which setting does it make available in there, the settings in condition type, pricing procedure or the condition records?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales are made and then debit notes are received from customers(rebates for us) which we post to SAP. Its a legal requirement that the VAT amount should match in the two systems i.e. customer's as well as ours. The debit note received from customer may not have the same tax amount what we have in our system so we need to adjust that amount in SAP.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The debit note received from customer may not have the same tax amount what we have in our system so we need to adjust that amount in SAP.

Why is this happening? If you raised an invoice of Rs 100 with 17% tax it means you are invoicing your customer with 100+17=117

Now customer must have same invoice in his system. If you are offering some rebate then that has nothing to do with this tax.

In my opinion you have to see the business process again. I have never heard such requirement before or may be I didnt understand well.

Thank$

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

Have you maintained a condition record with tax code for this condition?

I thinkyou have mentioned that, in your one post.

if so, why are you entering it manually? Whats it that you want to have , a flexibility to delete it, modify it etc..?

Regards

Jobi

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Deepak

Like Moazzam has mentioned tax code flows from condition record maintained in VK11. What you can try doing is changing customer or material tax classification at the sales order level which will indirectly change the tax code depending on combinations you have maintained for tax condition type. But for this tax condition should be determined in the pricing procedure which means tax condition type cannot be manual.

Also what is the exact business requirement ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement is to adjust the tax amounts in the rebates posted for the customers. For this, a manual tax condition is created and need to default a tax code for which created a condition record but not working as its not coming to the condition type when entered in the sales order.

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deepankar jain,

Could you explain a little more on this,

For this, a manual tax condition is created and need to default a tax code for which created a condition record but not working as its not coming to the condition type when entered in the sales order.

Thanks and Regards

JNM

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deepankar jain,

According to your inputs,

1) Tax condition type is created.

2) Purpose is for manual entry.

3) Tax code entry level in condition type.

First of all tax conditions are meant to be automatic instead of manually entry. The reason behind this

is a fact of which the tax code field appears when you create the condition record and for that tax code a G/L account is maintained.

Now if you go ahead and enter the tax % manually for that tax condition type you should make sure that the tax condition is coming automatically and to which G/L its flowing or else there wil be lots of future errors.

Thanks and Regards

JNM

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have never seen anywhere where they enter tax condition manually. What is the reason behind entering tax condition manually in your case?

The tax code you are talking about comes from condition record that we maintain in VK11. If you enter this condition manually there will be no tax code. You have to determine this from condition record.

Thank$