cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line item wise picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to find a solution for one of my client's requirement.

Current scenario: After the delivery document is created, they do "picking" as and when the stock is available for picking. Now this creates multiple delivery notes till the entire delivery document is picked.

What we are looking for is that suppose out of 20 line items in delivery document, 2 line items are available for picking, then system should allow to pick those two line items' materials and stock should be reduced but no delivery note should be created. Delivery note should be created only at the end of the entire document at the time of PGI (when everything is picked)

Can anyone please suggest something on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The requirement is like this.

Our User wants to pick the available goods and at at the same time the stock should be reduced. And all such picking done (many times for one delivery document) should be seen in the document flow so that the user can know when she picked what.

And only one delivery document should be created with which the user can create a billing document.

As of now what the user is doing is, they are creating several delivery documents as and when the goods are available (partial delivery) and then they do PGI also, even though the stock is still in their premises.

Then later on they ship everything together once the entire document is picked.

What they want is that they can pick as and when they want and they want to keep a track of what they picked and when. (may be in some document flow or somewehere else)

Apologies for the previous confusion. Only now I got the exact requirement from my customer.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pravin Chopde,

While billing you could select the particular delivery document from VF04 so as one delivery one billing document. Now to keep a track on the picking part not only the document flow of that document but why dont you also check this report VL06. Hope this might help you.

Thanks and Regards

JNM

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of issues:

As of now what the user is doing is, they are creating several delivery documents as and when the goods are available (partial delivery) and then they do PGI also, even though the stock is still in their premises.

When you are trying to create delivery-Even though the stock is available-why few line items only came at the time of delivery creation???(what was the schedule lines suggesting at Sales Order & Is there any user intervention in deleting the Line items at delivery level,which were copied from SO)

Also What was your Copying routines telling in VTLA..

Then later on they ship everything together once the entire document is picked.

Is there any process of Grouping of the deliveries..Is the TM module Implemented..

What they want is that they can pick as and when they want and they want to keep a track of what they picked and when. (may be in some document flow or somewehere else)

Can you Implement ware house concepts with standard TCodes LT03/12-In managing Transport order Creations..

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

What the user wants is one single delivery document in the end and a track of all picking(s) done for that delivery document.

So basically in document flow can we see these type of picked documents?

I have not much experience in picking hence want to understand this so as to implement.

Thanks,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

The process is like this:

Suppose there is only one line item of say 100 EA in SO and the same comes to delivery too. Now if only 12 EA is available (after production or procurement) , user changes the delivery quantity to 12 EA and picking quantity as 12 EA too and then does PGI. So 12 EA is reduced from stock (even though physically the stock is present in their premises)

The user does this process till the time entire 100 EA is picked. So in the end they have say 6-7 delivery documents which are PGI'd also. Now they cancel all these PGI via VL09 and delete the deliveries and this time create one single delivery document for 100EA and pick 100 EA again and ship them.

So they want to change this process to only one single delivery document rather than creating many , doing PGI and cancelling them. And also they want to keep a track of all the Picking done at various intervals.

Any idea how this could be achieved?

Thanks,

Pravin

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So 12 EA is reduced from stock (even though physically the stock is present in their premises)

Physically Stock available-means in Which Tcode you are confirming this(MMBE/CO09)

Even though 100 available-only 12 picked--What was the checking rule assigned for your Delivery..

(Go to delivery>>Environment>>Avablty)

The checking rule in Sales order & Delivery is having any changes -Pl Check in OVZ9

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pravin Chopde,

According to your inputs,

1)Delivery is created with 20 line items,

2)After each picking the delivery note is created.

3)Now if the delivery document is having 20 line items only after complete picking for the entire document only then the system should generate the delivery note.

After the complete picking is taken place for the entire document for 20 line items then only the delivery note should be created (Before PGI)?

If so just check the field for Picking is it partial , complete in the delivery document.

If the picking is complete then after the delivery document is saved or after PGI the output can be processed.

overall picking / putaway status (VBUK-KOSTK)

Thanks and Regards

JNM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to SCN.  As a new member, there are certain rules and regulations which everyone should adhere to that.  Please go through the SCN rules which you can find to your right screen once you logged in.  Search before posting for any queries and I am sure, 90% of your queries would have been answered in SCN and all you have to do is to search.  Most importantly, before posting, try on your own in your system after taking the inputs from SCN

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for welcoming. I will keep a note of it (forum rules). Also, I tried searching this query in SCN forum but couldnt find exact solution.

Also, as I am not having much experience in Picking side, I thought of sharing my concern with SCN experts.

Could you please suggest some soultion.

Thanks,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you referring to Delivery note or Picking request?  I'm confused here.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please explain the process? You create delivery, enter picking quantity then how system is creating multiple delivery notes? What documents and Tcodes are involved in this process?

Thank$