Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS PPM - component qty / unit - need to have the qty in alternative unit

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in standard the component qty unit in the PPM is the base unit independently if in the bom the alternative unit is used.

Is it possible to change it? I need to have the qty in the alternative unit for the component in PPM as they are entered in the BOM.

Otherwise I face issues. For example: component qty in the BOM is 0,180 meters. the base unit is Roll. the conversion is 1 Roll = 800 meters. In the PPM the component qty is 0. So we have zero consumption!

this means also that when we create planned order APO will not plan this component as it has 0 consumption.

Question: How can I change the system behavior to be able to use alternative units in PPM? I know I can change the unit and qty in the PPM manually but this is not a good solution. with each update of the ppm the component unit and hence the qty would be changed back to base unit.

Appreciate any useful input. thank you in advance!

best regards,

Pilvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

thanks. I will consider the change of qty as well. I checked sap help.sides and found that the bom components are always available in the base unit, though they can be converted. So I am looking for the possibility how I can do it automatically when ciffing from ECC.

thanks,

Pilvi

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pilvi,

I agree with solution given by an expert DB49, however if you want transfer Components with alternative unit of measure please implement modification given in OSS note

952449 - PPM transfer: Components with alternative unit of measure

Please read the note careful as this modification is not covered by the SAP standard support.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you R. Brahmankar,

I will check the note! thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pilvi,

I don't think your issue is related to Base U/M vs alt U/M.  The issue is that when SAP translates your component quantity (Meters) into Base U/M (Rolls) and then tries to create a PPM, the quantity ends up being smaller than three decimals, which LiveCache will not handle.   In your example above, one 'parent part' translates into .000225 Roll of 'component part'.  Such figures are usually rounded down by SAP to 'zero'.

I suggest that you increase your base qty in your BOMs; such that the component quantity as stated in Base U/M never is less than 3 decimals.  For instance, instead of saying '1 parent part requires .180 meters of component', you might decide to create your BOMs as '10000 parent parts require 1800 meters of component'. Functionally identical, but easier for SAP to handle translating into a PPM.

Best Regards,

DB49