SD delta plan after new field is added - 2LIS_11_VAITM
I wanted to double check SD delta plan after new field is added. I recently enhanced sales order extractor 2LIS_11_VAITM with a new field. The requirement is that they wanted historical data of this new field which means that I have to reload.
Below is my delta plan
- Load delta loads to clear and empty delta queue
- Lock all users in ERP to avoid postings
- Import request to production
- Delete and fill in setup table
- Selectively delete Sales order data in the cube and DSO
- reinitianize data in BW and load to DSO and Cube
Just wondering if its mandatory to lock out the users before import of the transports.
Your approach was fine.
Selective data deletion is not required. When we need historic data for enhanced field we need to delete whole data from cube and reload from scratch.
About ECC system Lock - its mandatory, other wise we may miss records or leads duplication during filling setup tables. even during transports also we need lock. other wise due to structural changes, delta load will fail or transports will fail due to inconsistencies.
Most of the cases, transports are moved to prod when there is no business or at weekends/mid nights.