cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage bin sectioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using putaway strategy P.  I have bins where I can put euro pallets 4 or 3 industrial Pallet. I know what configuration I need to define bin section & assign this to combination of storage type, bin type & storage unit type.Now issue is  there are certain bins where I can put only Euro pallets or only indus pallets. How can I differentiate this.

I want to avoid suggesting bin for putaway of Euro pallet where we cannot store euro pallets.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the storage bins is a field for storage bin type.

I usually set up bin types like IP for industrial pallet or EU for Euro pallet or AT for all types allowed and then this the type is entered in LS03N per bin.

Pretty similar I setup my storage unit types and assign those to my storage type.

And then I assign the storage unit types to the storage bin types, if the storage bin type is EU then I will only assign EU, but certainly not IP as this will not fit into this space.

While the other way around is possible, a bin type IP can take both IP and EU storage unit types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

I am planning that I will create bin type  EU & AT

So AT can have Euro pallet or industrial pallet.

I don't want that bin for bin type AT should be suggested for Euro pallet if there is space available in Bins for Bin type EU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As Jurgen suggested, you can go with different storage bin types However, the storage bins are determined based on the assignment of Storage unit type to Storage bin type. So if your Storage unit type is Industrial pallet you can allow only the bin type IP and if your Storage unit type is Euro Pallet then you can allow only the bin type EU.  Regarding AT (both IP and EU) system wont be able to determine if space is available in EU or not. if the assignment of Storage unit type to Bin type (AT) is available system will simply suggest that bin.

Hope its clear,

Thanks,

Ram

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP is able to control space based on bin sectioning, another field in the LS03N, and the first storage unit type of the first quant that is stored in that bin.

Details can be found in Strategy P: Storage Unit Type - Warehouse Management Guide - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

due to high inconsistency in structure i.e.

some column in the high racks can have 2euro pallets, some can have 3 or 4 .

some bins cannot have only industrial pallets  or euro pallets.

So I have decided to have 1 pallet area as 1 bin . This is why I want that when I am placing euro pallet to high rack area it should not suggest bin where both type of pallets can be placed.

it should first check whether bins where I can store only euro pallets,  if place is not available in that then it should check for bin where both euro & industrial pallet can be stored.

This is required for optimum utilisation of space.

michelleb87
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can set up your Storage Bin Type Search strategy so that for Euro Pallets it looks at storage bin type EU then AT, so it will fill up EUs first and only use AT if no EU are left. For the industrial pallets, you can set up only AT.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it is HU managed

use config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it that I need to define new Bin type for such bins?