cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i install crystal report enterprise 10 in server 2008 64bit R2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently, i installed crystal report enterprise in server 2003 32bit, now i want to upgrade server to 2008 64bit. please advice for me.

Thanks & regrades,

Hieu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hieu,

Crystal Enterprise is very old version and it was not tested on Windows Server 2008 64bit.  If you migrate to 2008 server, it may work or may not, even if it works you may see an unexpected results.

I think CE 10 works only on 32bit.

Please search for Crystal Enterprise 10 supported platforms documents to check supported OS.

Thanks,

Sastry

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked. Crystal Server 10 did not support in Server 2008. So i already install Crystal Server 2013.

I don't know start Web application in Crystal Server 2013. I should be deploy weblogic 11 or Tomcat 7?

Thanks & Regards

Hieu

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tomcat is included in the install for CRS - the install will automatically deploy the web sites (BI Launchpad and Central Management Console) to Tomcat.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I really appreciate your reply. I installed successfully.

Currently, i have some one crystal report and i want to view them in internet explorer(IE). Could you please provide for me config and link to view them?

Thank & Regards,
Hieu

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After the install, there should be a link on your Start menu for something like "Central Management Console" (I don't remember exactly what it is for CE 10).  This will take you to the website where you can add reports and view them.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

How are you? I just completed different project and come back this issue, now.

It mean in CE10 i already installed IIS and create public url, when i click to below

link: http://servername/JDE%20CRYSTAL%20REPORTS/VBL/PO/VBL_PR.RPT?APSTOKEN=10.110.10.46&APSUSER=USERS&APSP...

I will show report in internet explorer.

I want show report in crystal server 2013

Please contact with me via skype trunghieu07 if you need

Thank you very much.

Hieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Thank you for your information.

I worked as your requirement but i cannot start service.

Please help to check?

Thanks

Hieu

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the Windows Event Log for errors?  What about the log files?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I checked Event Log. I send to you

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's been a very long time since I've worked with CE10 directly.  However, I believe you'll need to run the services for it using a "services" account that has local administrator privileges on the server where you're running it.  This is usually a network account where the password doesn't expire.  I don't remember whether CE has something like the Central Configuration Manager where you can update all of the services to add this user ID and password, but if not, I'm pretty sure you can go to Administrative Tools>>Services, stop each of the CE services, set the user ID and password, and then restart them.

You'll also want to go to Administrative Tools>>Local Security Policy>>Local Policies>>User Rights Assignment and give that account the rights to "Act as part of the operating system" and "Log on as a service".

-Dell

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everything that Sastry has said is correct.  However, one of my clients was able to install and run Crystal Enterprise 10 on Win 2008 by doing the following:

1.  Set Data Execution Prevention (DEP) to only apply to "essential Windows services".

2.  Set User Account Control to "None".

3.  During the install, turn of any firewall and virus checking - they can be turned back on after the install.

You must be logged in to the server under an account that has Administrator rights in order to install.

However, be aware that this configuration is completely unsupported, so you will not be able to get any assistance if there are issues.  Also, even though you're on a 64-bit server, ALL of the software is 32-bit and you MUST use the 32-bit version of whichever database client applies to the data your connecting to.  You also will probably not be able to connect to data using the newest versions of the database clients.

At best, this configuration should only be temporary and you should upgrade to either SAP Crystal Reports Server 2013 or SAP BusinessObjects 4.1 for continued support of newer server OSs and database drivers.

-Dell