cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can repacking (UNPACK and PACK) be done once Transfer Order is confirmed for an Outbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation as explained below.

- Outbound delivery created and released for further processing with mixed Handling Units for a particular material (item)

- Transfer order (TO) created and confirmed.

While doing so, the transfer order combines the multiple handling units that were available in the Outbound delivery into one single handling unit (i.e from the source handling unit to the destination handling unit) and then confirms. Thus even in the Outbound Delivery the handling unit get updated with the final handling unit used in the Transfer Order confirmation. While I can always go back to the document flow to understand what happened, the problem we face is that the business team would like to have the source handling unit maintained in the delivery post the TO confirmation. While we tried several alternatives, finally realising that we would have to do an enhancement. But we found out that the outbound delivery is locked for edit while the Transfer Order is under processing for confirmation.

We also referred to SAP Note 829266 - Picking handling units from WM which clearly states the below. Thus I am trying to explore the option of unpacking and repacking post the TO is confirmed thus it being automatically updated in the Delivery (again my assumption). Would appreciate any help in giving me a direction in resolving this issue. Thanks.

"----------------------------------------------

Symptom

When you pick handling units (HUs), there are restrictions that apply to the specification of the

destination HU.

Which prerequisites must be fulfilled so that I can copy the source HU as the destination HU?

You can only assign the HU as the destination HU or set the indicator for the complete HU (the Cmpl.

HU indicator) if the transfer order item concerned contains the complete HU content. You cannot

specify the source HU as the destination HU when you execute the stock removal of a mixed HU, even

if the HU is completely assigned to a delivery.

Mixed HUs are HUs that contain more than one quant.

l 1. In this case, the system does not allow you to specify the same destination HU in several

items of a transfer order.

l 2. The system does not allow you to set the Cmpl. HU (complete HU) indicator.

Other Terms

LT12, confirmation, mixed HU, l_to_confirm, confirm, HU, HUM

Reason and Prerequisites

This restriction is in place, since the system has to restrict the options for line item

confirmation that are included in the Warehouse Management application component (WM) features to

prevent inconsistencies that may affect the mixed HU.

Solution

In the delivery, if the system requires the HU number of the mixed HU, you can repack to the

original HU after the picking process is complete.

"----------------------------------------------

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EmcII,

Even I have the same issue with no result. To the SAP experts, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ujjval