cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initiate workflow when a specific field updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to initiate a workflow when a specific field in a record changes. I know how to initiate a workflow when any change is done in the record but I could not find a way to initiate the workflow only after a specific field was modified (manually).

Thanks, Tal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

you can consider two possible solutions:

1. use java or other API and create daemon as suggested by Alejandro.

2. you can always trigger your workflow on record change and then check if required field was changed (using branch node and validation).

If validation shows that interested field was not changed then exit workflow (stop node) or if interested field was changed then continue your workflow. Mentioned validation should then compare two fields where you will store record change stamp (first change stamp should be for all fields and second only for your interested field).

So then if you change record but without interested field second change stamp will not change (if change stamp 1 < change stamp2).

Regards marcin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tai:

I don't think that's possible as for now. Maybe you could create a little daemon running on the server checking for your condition and if met, launch the workflow.

You'd have to use Java api for that tough

Regards

Alejandro