cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP datatypes from PI structures

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a quite confusing requirement, atleast for me.

I have a PI structure and the fields in it have some type assigned to them. I want to know what their actual data type is in the system or the source of this field.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Thanks all for your assistance.

I debugged the standard FM and found the table where these mappings from SRM to PI are stored. It is stored in the table /sapsrm/map_cfg.

I still have a problem. There is field called SRC_OBJECT_ID in source. This field has been assigned value as well. But PI is not picking up this value. Any thoughts on inputs?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Can you able to see the value assigned for field  SRC_OBJECT_ID in SXI_MONITOR transaction in SRM system??

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

In theory it should have value.

The standard mapping for SRC_OBJECT_ID in SRM is LEGAL_CONTRACT_ID in PI.

But we don't have the other necessary attributes yet. So in our case, we don't have it yet.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your replies. I guess wasn't clear last time. My requirement is "I have a field LEGAL_CONTRACT_ID in SRM. We are transporting this to ECC via PI. I looked into the structure of the proxy type generated and this field had the auto generated type."

My question is "Can I get the source of this field? ABAP data type or the table name from where it was originated?"

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If you are using a proxy, this field was generated from PI ESR doing the transformation according the rules that you can consult in the document that i shared below.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Document below?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Are you asking about the field which are having blank component type? If yes then these fields  are assigned to predefined data types in ABAP like below (Data type is CHAR and length is 😎

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

The above snip is from our system. It has a type assigned to it. This is a proxy generated element. I want to know from where is this field getting filled or the actual table that contains this field. This is a standard structure in our system that we are using.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I will explain with my example because i dont have SRM content in my system but it will be same.

If i take INTERNAL_ID field below.

The type RTCO_NOSC_PRODUCT_INTERNAL_ID created based on core data type defined in PI.

ABAP Data element

PI Core Data Type:

I hope i clarified your question.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Arun,

On generating the proxy in SAP ECC (SPROXY transaction), SAP proxy has utilities to generate the corresponding structure(if the occurence is 0..1 or 1..1) or table type and structure (if the PI occurence is 0..unbounded or 1..unbounded).

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Kanda

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If you are asking, how to get it in proxy structure. Then go to SPROXY-> Open your Service interface and select as per screen shot.

If not, then check the list by Inaki.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If you want to know how PI types are transformated in ABAP types this thread could be helpful

Supported XML Schema Attributes for PI 7.4 | SCN

Also this document pointed out Supported XML Schema and WSDL (SAP NW PI 7.1) Excel List

Regards.