cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with entering Equipment Characteristics values using BAPI/FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my project there is a need to Enter the values against Equipment Characteristics using BAPI, but I am finding it a bit difficult as BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE is updating the value of Targeted Characteristic but deletes the value of other Characteristics. Let me present the complete case: Lets say EQ1 is attached with Class1 with 5 Characteristic Char1, 2, 3, 4 & Char5. Char1, 2 & 3 are auto populated by default values. Now I need to update the values against Char4 & 5 using BAPI/FM. I tried it with BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE but what it did was updated values of Char4 & 5 but deleted the values of Char1, 2 & 3. Is there any BAPI/FM to updated the value of Equipment Characteristics selectively.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shashi sekhar,

What you have experienced is normal behaviour of the FM. To compensate the loss, you need to use other FM (BAPI_OBJCL_GETDETAIL or BAPI_OBJCL_GETCLASSES) to get the existing values into tables. Update these table with modifications and then pass to present FM i.e., BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE.

To have more idea what I'm saying go through this thread.

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara Sir,

Yes you were right, this is the normal behaviour of that FM. But anyways I found solution as you suggested by fetching all the values of Equipment Classification/Characteristics using FM "CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS" and updating all the Characteristics' values by using "BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE".

Thank You Very Much

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

Well done and thank you for update.

Please close the thread.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao