cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Renewal UI5 - Gateway Hub, WebDispatcher forwarding?

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!
I have been searching for this issue some time, but cant seem to find the correct answer anywhere.

we have a central gateway(hub installation) , and we have a backend system (HCM system).

HR Renewal is installed on the HCM system.
and the Odata services are registered on the gateway server.

But - none of the HR (ESS and MSS) applications are installed on the gateway server - they are only installed on the backend server (HCM system).

How do we "connect" theese?

do we "forward" all requests made to: sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/* on the gateway - to the backend (hcm) system?

OR - do we forward all requests made to the /sap/opu/odata/sap/ on the HCM to the Gateway?

in another word:

what is the best way to serve the users?

should they logon to the HCM systems webdispatcher: http://hcmsystem:port/sap.....

or the gateway : http://hcmsystem:port/sap...

I cant seem to find any advice.

Fiori is different - because here you have an UI part - which you install on the gateway - but this does not seem to be the case with the new HR Renewal UI5 applications - they only seem to be delivered with the HR Renewal packages.

I found thisthreads:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3572126

Which mentions the forwarding - so that is why i am looking in this direction - but is this the "right" way?

Best regards

Ronni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

have you seen the admin guide for this?

See the explaination above and follow this

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth!
Thank you for your reply.

I Have read the architecture part of the admin-guide as well as the help files -

but i can't seem to find any best practices regarding the webdispatcher.

is a requirement to have a dedicated webdispatcher server - when using the central gateway?  was is the best way to expose the suite page builder for users?

should they connect to the HCM system - or should they connect to the HUB system?

OR - should they connect to a central web-dispatcher?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To achieve this, the webdispatcher has to be configured to be able to route the requests to the corresponding systems. /irj -> portal /sap/opu -> Gateway.

SUMANTH2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

WE are in same boat as the scenario of Ronni. With Cnetral Gateway for ECC, SRM and Fiori Implementation along with HR Renewal.

I have one question regarding Web Dispatcher. Since we have the All UI5 Applications under UI5_UI5 path for both HR Renewal and Fiori, so this rules for forwarding should include complete paths?

Is my assumption correct. In other words all CHIPS should be specifies Explicitly in Redirect for HR Renewal.

Also could you please help with the source presentation of the screen shot attached. It is not in the Admin Guide.

Thanks

Sumanth

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth!

That is actually the approach we are following - when you look at the documentation - it looks like it no problem to add a more "full" url - so that you point out exactly which application is routed to which server.

We havent done it yet - but we expect it to work

br Ronni

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have explained in my article, how to set up the HR Renewal in a Standalone or central hub gateway.

SAPexperts | HR Renewal 1.0 Setup in a Standalone Gateway System</title> <meta name=…

Thanks,

S.Rajkumar.

SUMANTH2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the link. It seems this is posted on Subscription site. I am not able to access the document as we currently don't have the membership with HR Experts. Will check the document once i get it.

Is this document available as Blog in SDN?

Hi Ronni,

I am going to try the Web Dispatcher tomorrow. Also we have F5 instead of Web Dispatcher and need to see how that will place the role for URL forwarding in this complex scenario.

Will update my findings.

Thanks

Sumanth

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

No, I haven't posted in the SDN but the article has all the required steps that you are looking for.

Thanks.

S.Rajkumar.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For the Suite Page Builder/HR Renewal:  Please refer the below wiki link to setup or configure the external gateway for the Suite Page Builder Landing Page.   http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2014/04/16/configuration-of-suite-page-builder-ui5  Once the Suite Page Builder is configured we have to define the web dispatcher rules in the web dispatcher profile to redirect the calls to the backend system and the Gateway system.[calls related to application resource files to backend system, oData service calls to Gateway system]  The application can be launched through the standalone URL(mentioned below), or through the NWBC by assigning the roles(mentioned below) to the user, or through the Portal. Standalone URL : https://:/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_suite_pb/main.html?page=HR_SELFSERVICES  [HR_SELFSERVICES is a pre delivered page. We can create a custom page and use them as well,  For Central hub scenario, Server represents the web dispatcher. For internal Gateway scenario, Backend system has to be referred] Roles:  Please refer the below mentioned link for the roles.             http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/b5/cb3f7f10374280a6250a6d8612b8fb/content.htm?rame... Portal Configuration: http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias2_2014_01/helpdata/en/53/4c8952fcfa826ae10000000a423f68/content.htm

SUMANTH2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for the details and links. I did followed the blog and setup the Web Dispatcher.

When we use Gateway HUB System for both Fiori and HR Renewal, then problem is coming as we need to filter more URL paths in Web Dispatcher profile.

In this Scenario, both Fiori Launchpad and SPB uses the services

/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CONF
/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CUST
/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS

In trace mainly when CHIPS are loaded, and if same user needs to access Fiori and HR Renewal at same time, routing these calls is an issue. I tried to use the User Role in System Alias. Even with that, we may need to add more URI's to Web Dispatcher.

Is there a better way of handling this when Fiori and HR Renewal both used.

Thanks
Sumanth

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
SUMANTH2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i Did, When we activated the three services with Local (Gateway) as Alias, then HR Renewal CHIPS are getting errors 404 Not Found (Similar to ) as these CHIPS's exist only in Backend.

To overcome 404 error, i added Backend System as one of the Alias to three services and created a User Role for Backend system as mentioned in Rashmi's Blog. But with that Fiori Launchpad is getting in to issues.

Thanks
Sumanth

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Note We should use the LOCAL systemalias in /iwfnd/maint_service concerningFIORI * We should use the ERP systemalias in /iwfnd/maint_service concerning HRRenewal

SUMANTH2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Yes but little bit confused. For the Services that are used for both FIORI and HR Renewal, is there a Filter we can apply. Tried the User Role but all calls are being sent to back ens system for users who are assigned to user role.

Thanks

Sumanth

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

I have faced such scenario as the following OData Services are used for both HR Renewal and FIORI applications.

/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CONF
/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CUST
/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS

In order to overcome this complexity, I have Implemented the BADI for the enhancement spot

/IWFND/ES_MGW_DEST_FINDER. In the runtime, I will decide which system alias has to be set based on the URL parameters that I receive in the BADI implementation class.The redirection will happen based on the rule.

For more details, refer the link

Dynamic System Alias Calculation Via /IWFND/ES_MGW_DEST_FINDER - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

In the BADI implementation class, you can read the URL(HR Renewal or FIORI) in the internal table and default system alias for these OData services.

read table it_request_attributes into lv_http_param with key name = 'host'

Thanks,

S.Rajkumar.