Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing custom rules of WM5.3 in WM6.2

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are upgrading our custom WM5.3 application to WM6.2 in SMP 3.0.The WM5.3 application contains many custom rules that are been implemented as per WM5.3 collections and screen navigations.Now i want to implement these custom rules in to WM6.2.I have imported these rules from WM5.3 to WM6.2 standard.Few rules are not working since the object collections and screen navigations in WM6.2 are different from that of WM5.3.They are showing warning message in editor with yellow colour saying "property cannot be resolved"

The custom rules we have implemented in WM5.3 contains logic related to enable,disable buttons in screens,collection in list tile screens..etc.I have even designed few screen sets and screens with the edit type as list tile view.But the collection in to these fields is not getting populated correctly as a result could not able to set custom filters and sort fields as well.

Requesting to suggest if there is any document that help us to understand the concept of writing rules in detail for Agentry front end application, rule debugging etc.I have an initial document that describes every function in rule editor but need suggestion on how to write rules on the screen fields considering changed object collections,navigations in WM6.2.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Give me an example of a rule you want to write, but are unsure how to write it?  It should not be that difficult to change your existing customized rules to work with the new structure of WM.  It is really just an exercise of figuring out and documenting what collections and objects have changed, and what you need to reference now in your rules compared to the previous version.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for the reply.We have customized the standard WM6.2 Operation Add screen for Equipment and Functional Location fields.Have changed the edit type of these fields from "Complex Table search" to "Default" and populated the update rule of these fields to include Functional Location and Equipment to be defaulted from Work Order header.

When the user clicks on Operation Add button, the Equipment and Functional Locations are defaulted from work order header.Same with the Operation Edit screen.When this customization has been carried out,the links in Operation detail screen for these fields have been disabled.So have changed the hyperlink actions and target as per WM 5.3.Now links are enabling for few equipments and Functional Location but not for all.

Equipment and Functional Location links are enabling only if the Work Order header and First operation have the same Equipment and Functional Location.If any operation in the work order has different Equipment and Functional Location, the links are not enabling in work order header and operation details screen.

For the above scenarios we have modified the Update rules,Hyperlink targets in screen level fields of work order details screen,operation details screen,operation add screen,operation edit screen of WM6.2.Few update rules are written as per WM5.3 to include previous customization.

Kindly Suggest .Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu