cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP personas for DEV & PRD Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having SAP Development and Production Server, I Have installed SAP personas 2.0 in my development server its working fine and i need to use sap personas in my production server also. Kindly advice for below,

Can have to install sap personas 2.0 in my production server ? or else i can configure target systems steps in production server.

Please advice. Both main and target system in my development server.

One more doubt in my personas, when i test the service mainapp its getting my personas URL as like below,

http://hostname:0/sap/bc/bsp/persos/mainapp?sap-client=100

its always taking to port number 0, i have to change my port no : 50000 then its work, pls advice how to set default my port number in my mainapp url.

Forever

Mahendran M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendran,

Personas 2.0 can connect to same system as well as different system as target. But as with any other software development, you must have separate installation of Personas on Dev, QA and Prod, unless you have a reasons not to do so. Develop your flavors in Dev, transport to QA system and test it before transporting from QA to Prod. Even from sizing point, Dev systems might not be as big as Prod to handle all user load.

Mainapp uses icm host and port from server instance profile. Please check your configuration in RZ10 instance profile.

Thanks

Chinthan

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The recommended landscape is to have a separate Personas installation in each system, instead of a main system - connected systems scenario.

Technically speaking, you COULD use your development box as the main system and connect the PRD box as a target - whether this is a smart thing to do is another matter. I wouldn't recommend it.

As for the port number not being set properly: check the system profile parameter icm/server_port_* (where * can be 0 or 1) and see if you have port 50000 defined for protocol HTTP.