cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend SAP APO SPP product master data with additional fields?

former_member567509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm an ABAP resource. just moved to APO and my client is implementing APO SPP solution. for that i have a requirement to update SPP Product master data(below are the details). please provide any details from technical perspective.

APO SPP Product Master should have the following user required fields (provided that values are populated from SAP ECC Material Master):

- Division

- External material GRP

- User plant / Generation Plant

- 3 Product Classifications (M6, M9, M10)

- Material moving average price

- Last PO price

- Final Price (ZCAP- Last PO Price and ZSTK -Moving Average Price)

- MRP controller

- Material type

The changes to these fields also have to be updated automatically in SPP.

please provide details if anybody knows how to achieve this functionality.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CIF would be the preferred way of transferring the data. Extend MARA table with your custom fields and transfer them to SCM along with the standard ECC data using CIF enhancements/Exits.

You have to enhance CIF exits -

ERP

Enhancements - CIFMAT01.

FM - EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001

SCM

Enhancements - APOCF005

FM - EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001

Also Check these structures CIFMTKYCUS & CIFMTLCCUS.

These details should be updated with CIF using appropriate Integration Models.

For Automatic update of Material master changes you need to update the value to 2 in ECC --> CFC9 TXN

Material Master Change Transfer = 2

Activate the change Pointers Globally

Activate the change Pointers specific to each Message Type (Material. Vendor, Source of Supply etc)

If you need in depth technical help then i would suggest you to post this question in some ABAP group.

Thanks

Vinoth

former_member567509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth, thanks for the reply.

now my question would be if i create a custom program in APO with filters based on the Product range, product group type/value and last run date(to keep products which have come to APO after last batch run). and read the relevant info from ECC tables and update in APO product master.

And i would run it as a batch job on daily/weekly/monthly basis.

would this be a better approach than running CFM1 as a batch job in terms of performance?

if i transfer the changes through CIF. will it be like only the data which is changed will be transferred to APO for the materials in integration model. or the values from the fields for which the change pointers are activated will be transferred during CFM1 run ir-respective of whether it holds an old value or it is changed?

i also read somewhere that option 2 in CFC9 txn is for BTE transfer and does not need change pointers to be activated. we need to activate change pointers only for option#1. please tell me if i use BTE. would it work for the custom fields as well.

appreciate your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I could not able to understand Your question quite clearly, could you please be more specific.

Transferring data through CIF would be the best way. Using custom program and redundant RFC calls within your program will lead to performance issues and its not advisable.

Working with change pointers table is a nightmare when the volume is considerably high, I would suggest you to go with CIF. Please consult your query with any of your internal functional consultant.

If the information served to you is useful/correct then I would request you to click on Helpful answer / Correct Answer when your buddy's help you with some information and thats the way you acknowledge their time spent towards your question.

Thanks

Vinoth

former_member567509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth.. as you mentioned in your first reply if we go by CIF we need to activate the change pointers as well. But now you have mentioned that working with change pointers is a nightware when data volume is high. But if we don't activate the change pointers how would the master data change transfer from ECC to APO happen. Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I mean working with change pointers and manipulation of them in custom programs will be a big enhancement, this is what i called as nightmare. If you're planning to transfer the data with your own program and not with CIF then this task itself will be a big PROJECT for you to be developed.

YES, With CIF you need to activate the change pointers otherwise changes happening in ECC with respect to the objects in your integration models will not be sent to SCM unless you push them through RIMODINI.

Thanks

Vinoth

former_member567509
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply, Vinoth

i understood your point. i have another question. would it not effect the performance of CIF if we transfer additional 10 fields for say load of around 40 k material in integration model run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely not, it will consume the same duration or little more as it does for standard table contents, you need to run the IM in batch jobs when the system load is not critical.

Regards

Vinoth

Answers (0)