cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue of BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh ,

my XI is PI 7.0 and SP 11. In the integration process there is a parameter : Queue Assignment , the possible values are One Queue, and so on. What thing means this ? All same bpms are put into unique queue ?

Regards,

Alberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/65ce41ae343e2be10000000a1553f6/content.htm

<i>Define Quality of Service (EOIO)

8. Specify EOIO (Exactly Once in Order) as the quality of service, as required.

Messages are then delivered in the same sequence that they are sent in by the integration process.

a. Specify a queue in the Queue Name field.

You can choose the name of the queue yourself.

Max. length: 16 characters

Permitted characters are alphanumeric characters and the following special characters:

/ (slash)

_ (underscore)

- (hyphen)

All send steps that have the same queue name are delivered in the sequence that they are sent in by the integration process.</i>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

each bpm have to be completed (with or without errors)before to run next bpm, and the next bpm have to run when to prev; if setting EOIO each step I obtain my goal ?

I have read the document How ... Delivery Mode, but I don't obtained my goal.

For me is important to manage a unique queue of same bpm and not of the single task

Thanks

regards

alberto

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

What is the message that trigers your BPM?

Is it a file adapter? which adapter triggers the call to the BPM?

Wouln't making the QOS of your Sender Adapter as EOIO do the trick?

Regards

Bhavesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alberto,

it is a queue of input messages to BPM, not a queue of BPM instances.

Your scenario may be feasible, but it'll depend on your business process modeling.

What BPMs do you have in your scenario?

By BPMs, you mean that for the 2nd message to be processed, the first 1 need to be totally processed (mean, the 1st instance of BPM need to be completed)?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

it's a web-service that start the flow.

If the QoS is EOIO, when the message is import in XI and XI start the bpm, the next message in the adapter wait that the bpm is ended ?

The bpm has three steps.

thanks

regards

alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I'd like, if possible, a queue of BPM instances.

If it's a queue of imput message to BPM, the next input message wait that the current BPM is ended ?

The bpm has three steps.

thanks

regards

alberto

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since there is no correlation, as soon as a new message arrives, a new instance of BPM will be created.

Some workarounds could be done, for example, the 1st step of ur BPM could execute a loop reading the value of a ZTABLE. If this value was Initial, set it to another value and continue BPM. Then, the last step of BPM could be reseting this value to Initial.

Regards,

Henrique.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a concept that is kind of advanced dealing with Queue Buffering of your BPM.

For your issue of EOIO, against every step type ( send step) you will have a field called QueueName. Here give the Queue Name and then the messages will work in EOIO. The QueueName can be anything you want.

For Info on the Inbound Processing of Queues for BPM, this how to guide will help,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c00d9465-ea97-2910-deac-f8aa681e...

Regards

Bhavesh