Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSORA IAORA inconsistencies

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

at the end of the month i'm scheduling an heterogenous system copy of a production system .

I'm doing some test before , in a production-copy system. During these years we moved many big tables in new tablespaces..for example the table RFBLG was moved to the tablespace PSAPSR3RFBLG with a reorg.

After the test migration ...4 of them are missing in db02 and table (ex. RFBLG) came back in orginal tablespace PSAPSR3.

Understanding this situation i've figured out that in source system in tsora iaora , these four tablespaces are missing . My idea is that they were not created with brtools in the past.

I can i adjust the tsora e iaora in source system? Have i to create an entry through sqlplus oracle? is it enough?

Thanks

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

As you have spotted, your problem is that the TABART of BSEG (RFBLG) is probably still APPL1 which is mapped to PSAPSR3.

I'd go along with your assumption that the tbreorg wasn't done with brspace as the TABART of the table would have been changed.

Anyway, you'll have to create a TABART and assign BSEG to it. You can create new entries for TAORA/IAORA directly with tx SE16. Keep in mind you'll have to adjust the TABART with tx SE13 for the tables concerned.

Have a look at OSS note #46272 for some additional background.

Cheers,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posthumous additional info:

When you perform a OS/DB the TABART of POOL/CLUSTER tables is hard coded. So even if you define a custom TABART for RFBLG the default TABART of POOL/CLUST will be used.

For transparent tables there isn't the above restriction.

See note: 1961282.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nicola_blasi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys,

I've seen the dbcheck...infact i have  a warning

"IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object..." only for the tables and indexes that i don't find after the migration:

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (table) SAPSR3.CDCLS, value: PSAPSR3CDCLS

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPSR3.CDCLS~0, value: PSAPSR3CDCLS

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (table) SAPSR3.KOCLU, value: PSAPSR3KOCLU

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPSR3.KOCLU~0, value: PSAPSR3KOCLU

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (table) SAPSR3.RFBLG, value: PSAPSR3RFBLG

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPSR3.RFBLG~0, value: PSAPSR3RFBLG

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (LOB segment) SAPSR3.KOCLU.SYS_LOB0000303427C00006$$, value: PSAPSR3KOCLU

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (LOB segment) SAPSR3.RFBLG.SYS_LOB0000672916C00008$$, value: PSAPSR3RFBLG

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (LOB segment) SAPSR3.CDCLS.SYS_LOB0000673697C00008$$, value: PSAPSR3CDCLS

Now i check the notes you suggested...yesterday i tested the report RSUPDTEC but it dumps....i have to understand why..remember that i'm doing a migration right now....

Thanks

Nick

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicola,

it's recommended to do so, you can use dbcheck to be sure that all tables are "configured" correctly in TAORA, IAORA and TSORA tables. SAP recently released this KB which will guide you in the whole process:

SAP Note 1805195 - Handling and troubleshooting of tablespaces during Upgrades, EhPs and SPs updates.

Best regards,

Valerio

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

take a look at:

- Inconsistencies between data class and database container

- Incorrect data class/database container assignment

In the last OSS is a report (RSUPDTEC) to correct the TSORA.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Willi,

Just saw your reply after I replied. Indeed a easier way handling it via the ABAP (noted in useful program file) 🙂 .

Cheers,

A.