cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency matrix including shortcuts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I am trying to create a dependency matrix between Entities (rows) and the diagrams they appear on (columns) this works fine for entities that were created in the same package as the diagram but it doesn't include entities shortcutted from other packages.

Does anyone know how to get the matrix to include shortcuts as well as entities or, alternatively, create a 2nd matrix that includes just entity shortcuts?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the selection to include entities in the model or other packages. In the matrix, click on the Select Rows/Columns button , then (assuming you have the enitites in the rows) select the model instead of the package as the source of objects:

Ensure you enable the include sub-objects and include external shortcuts buttons, then click on the 'select all' button . Then click <OK>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. I've tried this and there still seems to be an issue - I think it may be a bug.

The following example illustrates what I am experiencing:

Entity 1 is created in Package A and exists in Diagram Z in this package

Entity 1 is a shortcut in Package B and exists in a Diagram Y in this package

I've set up the Dependency Matrix as you describe, When I hit the Select Rows/Columns button I can see both the Entity 1 and its Shortcut in the list and both are selected.

In the matrix only the Entity1/Diagram Z intersection is checked; the shortcut/diagram Y intersection is not

If I then go into the "Select Rows/Columns" and deselect the Entity so just the shortcut is selected, the shortcut/diagram Y intersection is checked; re-selecting the Entity reverts the matrix back again to just showing the Entity1/Diagram Z intersection.

I've tried the Show Parent and Show Package options and neither affect this behaviour.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Nick