cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock value from MB5B in create sales order screen

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating sales order through VA01 and inside it i want to write a script for fetching stock value from MB5B. I tried a lot but not suceeded.Kindly guide.urgent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Personas 2 I don't believe you can do this, at least not the way you are trying. You are already in transaction VA01, and the only way you have to run MB5B is by putting "/nMB5B" in the transaction code box. This will immediately terminate your VA01 so that there's no way to get back to it.

What you can do is call a WebRFC to get the stock information. You will have to write the ABAP function yourself, or get a friendly ABAPer to write it for you, but that shouldn't be too difficult. Doing this will enable you to get the stock information without terminating VA01. You can find some details of how to do this in this blog - .

Personas 3 has a way to call another transaction without terminating the current one, so in Personas 3 you'll be able to do this the way you are expecting. It is likely, though, that getting the stock information via an RFC is quicker than getting it via the transaction.

Does that help, or have I mis-interpreted your requirements?

Steve.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide more detail on your script? Screenshot of script steps will help. What issue are you facing?